AMCOM Veteran Spotlight: Former medical supply specialist becomes Army attorney
By Ms. Lisa Simunaci (AMCOM)October 22, 2019
Yasmin Adorno began her military career as medical supply specialist in 1992. She is now an attorney serving the Army as both an officer and a civilian.Adorno is a full-time contracts attorney with the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command. As an Army Reserve Soldier, Maj. Adorno is the chief of contract and fiscal law for the 99th Regional Division at Fort Dix, New Jersey."I like the business side of the Army," said the San Juan, Puerto Rico native. "I enjoy the numbers and analysis to detect, avoid and resolve problems. Working with contracts lets me to do that."The single mother of three said organization and discipline are keys to finding balance between family life and her two careers."I make a schedule for everything I do," Adorno said.
Along with her bachelor's degree in forensic chemistry, Adorno earned her Juris Doctorate from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico School of Law and a master's degree in healthcare law from Loyola University in Chicago. After a six-year break in Army service, she received a direct commission as a first lieutenant in 2012.Of all her assignments, serving as the Command Judge Advocate at Letterkenny Army Depot from 2015 to 2016 as a mobilized Army Reserve Soldier is her favorite to date."It was a very challenging position for me and I learned so much," Adorno said.She also enjoys the memories made during her mobilization as a Judge Advocate General officer, while assigned to Ansbach, Germany.As she continues to grow in her career, Adorno said she values the legal experience she is gaining from both the civilian and Soldier perspective.
"Working as an Army attorney has been a challenging and rewarding experience," she said.
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS
- July 21, 2020The Notice I Never Knew
- July 21, 2020CONTROLLING THE DETAILS
- July 21, 2020Measure What Matters
- July 20, 2020IG serves as eyes, ears, voice, conscience of commander
- July 16, 2020Army awards contract for Hybrid Electric prototype
- July 13, 2020900th CBN concludes COVID-19 support at Fort Bragg’s FOB Patriot
- July 8, 2020Fort Campbell welcomes new contracting leader
- July 7, 2020First virtual APBI focuses on EAGLE contract