The Surgeon General Fields Health Care Questions at Senior Leaders' Forum
By Mr. Ronald W Wolf (Army Medicine)October 22, 2019
WASHINGTON--Lt. Gen. R. Scott Dingle, The Surgeon General, fielded questions as a subject matter expert on Army Health Care at the Association of the United States Army's 2019 Annual Meeting and Exposition on Oct. 15, 2019, during the Senior Leaders' Town Hall session of AUSA's Military Family Forum.The senior leaders were the Honorable Ryan D. McCarthy, Secretary of the Army, Gen. James C. McConville, Chief of Staff of the Army, and Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael A. Grinston.McConville is making "People"--Soldiers, families, and civilians--his priority and focusing on five issues: housing, health care, child development centers and child youth services, spouse employment, and change-of-duty station household moves.After brief opening statements by the three senior leaders, the floor was open to questions from about 400 in the audience. One or more subject matter experts for each of McConville's five priority issues were on hand to respond to questions.On behalf of the senior leaders, Dingle responded to questions regarding TRICARE, behavioral health care for children of Army families, change in administrative management of Army healthcare facilities to the Defense Health Agency, and access to pain management medicine and care.Dingle made it clear that concerns were being listened to. After the forum, he spoke privately with several individuals whose health-related issues were of a confidential nature to help guide them toward assistance. "You have a voice," Dingle said.
- March 31, 2020Fort Rucker pharmacy moves to drive-thru service amidst COVID-19
- March 27, 2020Fort Stewart School Meal Program eases burdens on families
- March 27, 2020254th Transportation Battalion responds to the COVID-19 mission
- March 27, 2020Jackson answers COVID-19 questions during virtual town hall
- March 27, 2020Army officials hold a Defense Department news briefing on COVID-19 efforts
- March 27, 2020Ireland Army Health Clinic amends services amid COVID-19 preparedness
- March 27, 2020FLW holds virtual COVID-19 town hall following HPCON change
- March 26, 2020Are pets affected by the COVID-19 virus?
- March 26, 2020Carson heightens health protection condition level
- March 26, 2020FORSCOM FRONTLINE
- March 26, 2020First Army senior NCO cooks up winning formula
- March 26, 2020Hire a Soldier Magazine - Issue 3
- March 25, 2020All Army installations directed to be at Health Protection Condition level CHARLIE
- March 24, 2020U.S. Army raises health protection across all installations
- March 23, 2020Wisconsin Guard medic team helps at senior living facility
- March 20, 2020OPINION: How do you manage anxiety and stress during the COVID-19 outbreak?