Employee Spotlight: Christina Lara, Honolulu District USACE Paralegal Specialist
By Ms. Bryanna Poulin (USACE)October 10, 2019
What is your official title?
Paralegal SpecialistWhat is your name?
Christina LaraWhat office do you work in?
Office of CounselDescribe your job?
I provide legal support to District Counsel and attorneys in legal matters.What is something you learned in the last week?
That the commander is my neighbor.What challenges do you encounter when doing your job?
Having to learn all the different sections within the Corps.How does your job fit into the District mission?
Helping the Corps complete its mission with legal support.If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Open up my own fitness center.What inspires you as you do your job?
Learning my job and working through any challenges.What do you like most about working for the district?
Working with the attorneys and supporting the Corps.What was your first job?
Clerical, Target, submitting time sheets and compiling work schedules.Where is the best place you have traveled to and why?
Germany, lots of history and beautiful architect.What inspires you?
My kids and being a great role model for them.What is the one thing you cannot resist?
PopcornIf you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
How to be a professional cook.What do you like to do when you are not working?
Hiking and playing soccer with my kids.What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Cleaning bathroomsIf you could pick one superpower, what would it be?
Super speedWhat is your favorite quote?
The key to success is knowledge.
- August 7, 2020Pittsburgh District power team deploys in support of Tropical Storm Isaias response
- August 3, 2020Seagrass restoration part of lower Chesapeake Bay Watershed ecosystem project
- July 30, 2020Fort Leavenworth school start pushed back to Sept. 8
- July 17, 2020Alaska District breathes new life into 1940’s-era headquarters building
- July 17, 2020Sticking the Landing
- July 15, 2020Years in the making: Texas Guard Soldier determined to change the world
- July 15, 2020Love of Engineering STEMS Scholarship
- July 8, 2020Nevada Guard helps Shoshone Tribe in fight against COVID-19
- July 3, 2020Army Corps to repair stilling basin at Foster J. Sayers Dam
- July 3, 2020Corps to Host Virtual Meeting on Youghiogheny River Lake Master Plan Revision
- June 30, 2020Fort Worth District employee honored as U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Project Manager of the Year
- June 30, 2020Oakdale resident selected for prestigious U.S. Army award
- June 30, 2020Lewiston resident selected for prestigious award