By Ms. Siobhan L. Moore, RecruiterOctober 11, 2019
LOOKING FOR A REWARDING AND ENGAGING FEDERAL CAREER? THE U.S. ARMY AUDIT AGENCY IS SEEKING ENTRY-LEVEL AUDITORS.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and unofficial transcripts to U.S. Army Audit Agency Recruiting: email@example.com, during the open period of 14 October--7 November 2019. Include the locations you're interested in (see hiring locations below). Further information will be provided after your qualifications and eligibility are verified.
Who We Are:
The U.S. Army Audit Agency provides independent internal auditing services for America's Army. Our work helps senior leaders improve and shape the future of the Army. Through these internal auditing services, the Agency identifies risks and provides solutions to benefit Soldiers, Civilians, and Families. The Agency was ranked in the Top 5 of the Partnership for Public Service's "Best Places to Work" for a record 7 years.
Eligibility & Qualifications GS-0511-07 (Auditor):
> Degree: Completed or will complete by June 2020, at least a bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or public administration that includes 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. See additional qualifications at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0500/auditing-series-0511/.
In addition, you must meet ONE of the following:
• Superior Academic Achievement: 1) Standing in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision; (2) Grade point average of 3.0 out of a 4.0 overall or during the final 2 years of the curriculum; (3) Grade point average of 3.5 out of 4.0 in the major field overall or during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or (4) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society. OR
• Graduate Education: Completed one full year of graduate-level education in business administration, finance, or public administration.
> Must be a U.S. Citizen; be able to travel up to 30% yearly; be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
Salary and Benefits:
• Starting salary, see table provided. Non-competitive yearly promotion potential to the GS-12 grade level
• Health & life insurance and retirement benefits
• Sick and vacation leave
• Telework and flexible work schedules
Locations/Position/Starting Grade and Salary:
• Fort Meade, Maryland/Recent Graduate Auditor/GS-0511-07, $47,016 (Potential to GS-0511-12, $83,398)
• San Antonio, Texas/Recent Graduate Auditor/GS-0511-07, $42,198 (Potential to GS-0511-12, $74,854)
• Fort Bragg, North Carolina/Recent Graduate Auditor/GS-0511-07, $43,624 (Potential to GS-0511-12, $77,382)
Applicable locations are shown on the 2019 Locality Pay Area Definitions page: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2019/locality-pay-area-definitions/
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy. The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Reasonable Accommodation Policy. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly