Kid's Fishing Day
By Joseph P BrutonOctober 8, 2019
The weather was nearly perfect on Saturday, April 13, as approximately 200 children, teens, tweens and parents headed out to the Corps of Engineers Henley Lake for Kid's Fishing Day 2019. In 2018 our young anglers faced rain, but this year it was nothing but sun-filled skies and mild spring weather in the mid-70s for kids and their families.
Kid's Fishing Day features much more than first-timers and experienced anglers trying their hand at catching some fish. The event features DJ-hosted music and games, displays from local law enforcement and safety organizations such as the Madera County Sheriff's Boat Unit, Firefighters, Park Rangers and more. To top off the event, kids have the opportunity to go home with anything from a new fishing pole to a bicycle, as approximately 100 prizes are donated and given away during a drawing each year!
If you happen to miss Kid's Fishing Day this year, consider attending next time! The event is held annually, rotating between Eastman Lake and Hensley Lake, and both of these Corps lakes are approximately a half-hour drive east from Madera, California.
- July 3, 2020Army Corps to repair stilling basin at Foster J. Sayers Dam
- July 3, 2020Corps to Host Virtual Meeting on Youghiogheny River Lake Master Plan Revision
- June 30, 2020Fort Worth District employee honored as U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Project Manager of the Year
- June 30, 2020Oakdale resident selected for prestigious U.S. Army award
- June 30, 2020Lewiston resident selected for prestigious award
- June 29, 2020U.S. Army Medical Service Corps: Supporting the Army since 1917
- June 26, 2020Signal Corps in World War II
- June 26, 2020Mols Named USACE 2020 PM of the Year
- June 25, 2020Florida Guard supports relocation of two Community Based Testing Sites in South Florida
- June 25, 2020Colorado National Guard grows expertise in extreme weather
- June 25, 2020Weather, Safety Leave employees welcomed back
- June 23, 2020Army Major Pulls Back MOTSU’s Curtain to Reveal MSC’s Strategic Role
- June 19, 2020Stay safe, follow bicycle laws this summer
- June 18, 2020‘NEVER LOOKED BETTER’ Gordon Lakes Golf Course reopens
- June 12, 2020Great Lakes water levels still setting records