WHINSEC's HHC Initial Elite Peacemaker Competition yields eight awardees.
By Mr. Milton Fernando Mariani Rodriguez (TRADOC)October 28, 2019
FORT BENNING, GA - Eight members of the Institute successfully completed the last of three requirements of the Elite Peacemaker competition in the early hours Thursday morning here at the Institute.
The competition, an idea of the HHC Cdr, CPT Edward Colon Ramírez, consisted of three physical events; an APFT, a four mile run @ 8 minutes or less per mile, and a 12 mile road march to be completed in 3 hours or less. Colón says he came up with the concept in order to bring up the spirit de corps in the unit and to recognize those who go farther than the day-to-day operations call of duty.
The maiden competition drew 32 candidates, of which only eight completed all three events successfully.
The pioneer Elite Peacemaker awardees are:
1SG Hermano Magno Silva, Brazil Partner Nation Instructor
SFC Mario Garcia Carvajal, U.S. Army
CPT Edward Colón Ramírez, U.S. Army
SGM Arturo Lopez Garcia, Guatemala Partner Nation Instructor
SSG Kevin Hernandez, U.S. Army
MAJ Assad A Raza, U.S. Army
Chaplain(MAJ) Ismael O. Serrano, U.S. Army, U.S. Army Chaplain Corps
SFC Carlos Gonzalez, U.S. Army
The inaugural recipients will be recognized at the End of the Month awards ceremony, here at the Institute.
- August 7, 2020Meeting a new challenge: Fort Leonard Wood Soldiers constantly working to improve ACFT performance
- August 6, 2020From new signs to cleared paths, upgrades to Marion Bonner are complete
- August 5, 2020With uncertainty at every corner, McAlpin finds her niche as a leader
- August 3, 2020Photo Essay: C-130 Hercules training operations at Fort McCoy
- July 31, 2020Army completes first additive manufacturing provisioned part
- July 31, 2020ROC-H welcomes new leader
- July 29, 2020One 'good start' gives rise to another
- July 29, 2020226th engineers use annual training as opportunity to build
- July 28, 2020226th Engineers use annual training as opportunity to build
- July 27, 2020Cyber Response is a Team Effort
- July 23, 2020Researchers complete study of deployed military members with respiratory symptoms
- July 21, 2020KACH Pharmacy multi-marathons their way to 5000 in-car dispensaries
- July 21, 2020Army 10-miler goes nationwide for the first time
- July 17, 2020Jackson family homes strives for five
- July 17, 2020Medics compete to see who is best in Eighth Army
- July 9, 2020Ranger school grad hopes to inspire future candidates