Fort Knox conducting Oct. 23 test of Energy Security system
By Fort Knox DPWOctober 1, 2019
The Fort Knox Directorate of Public Works will be conducting a test of the installation's Energy Security system Oct. 23 at 10 a.m.During this time, all commercial power from LG&E will be shut off to test/demonstrate the post's decentralized power generation systems. There may be up to a 10-minute power outage in all areas of post, except for outlying ranges, once the test is initiated. The test will also allow proof of operation of dedicated building generators and emergency lighting systems.All operations are expected to be complete by noon.Items DPW officials want everyone to consider going into the outage:1. Avoiding use of electrical equipment from 9:55 to 10:15 a.m.
a. Do not use a treadmill, electric oven/stove, washer, dryer, etc. during this period.
b. If power remains off for more than 10 minute durations during the testing period (10 to 10:15 a.m.), report it to Knox Hills maintenance (if housing) or DPW as an emergency work order at 502-624-1171.
c. Reset electric clocks to the proper time after 10:15 a.m.
d. Do not use elevators from 10 to 10:15 a.m.
e. Use caution at traffic lights2. Sometimes power outages/blinks "catch" HVAC equipment at the wrong time and cause the equipment to lock itself out to protect vulnerable components from being damaged. If your HVAC system does not begin producing cool air (or warm air if it is set to heating on Oct. 23), report it to Knox Hills maintenance.
- July 7, 2020Fort Knox residents report ‘very good’ scores for post housing
- July 2, 2020The Fort Knox Red Cross to host blood drives July 9 and 29
- July 2, 2020Fort Knox RSO to offer backyard Kidz Klubz, virtual Vacation Bible School in July
- July 1, 2020Cadet Command welcomes new Deputy Commanding Officer to leadership team
- June 30, 2020U.S. Army aims to hire 10,000 new Soldiers during three-day event
- June 30, 2020Romeo Crennel: Path to NFL runs through Knox
- June 27, 20204th Cavalry Brigade welcomes new commander during pandemic
- June 26, 2020‘Survey says’ — Fort Knox numbers remain high in Army-wide housing resident satisfaction report
- June 26, 2020Fire, Safety encourage Fort Knox community to celebrate 4th of July off-post — safely
- June 26, 2020502nd Bridge Company demolishes two buildings to make space for equipment
- June 26, 2020Army leaders highlight career benefits for nationwide hiring event
- June 24, 2020Fort Knox Safety official donates plasma to help others fight COVID-19
- June 19, 2020Fort Knox Middle High School upgrading football team wall locker, athletics weight room