Former Dogface Soldier returns to command DIVARTY
By Spc. Noelle WieheSeptember 30, 2019
FORT STEWART, Ga. - Col. Alric Francis assumed command of the 3rd Infantry Division Artillery from Col. Robert Marshall during a change of command ceremony at Cottrell Field on Fort Stewart, Georgia, July 25.Francis, a former Marne Soldier, replaced Marshall for the second time in his Army career. It was truly his and his Family's great pleasure to return to the 3rd ID, he said."Being back on this very field where I returned from numerous deployments is both haunting and, yet, exciting," Francis said. "It fills me with a sense of pride and is a constant reminder of the cost of our profession as we are bordered by Warriors Walk."Maj. Gen. Antonio Aguto Jr., commander of 3rd ID, said he was honored to serve alongside the new incoming DIVARTY commander.
Francis comes to 3rd ID having most recently served as a director for defense policy and strategy as a member of the National Security Council in the Executive Office of the President at the White House."I think I can safely say that he's happy to be out of (Washington), D.C. traffic and amongst Dogface Soldiers once again," Aguto said. "To you and your Family, welcome back to Marne Division; we are extremely excited to have you here."Marshall said he takes solace in knowing DIVARTY is in good hands. He praised Francis as an expert fires supporter and a gifted artillery."He will guide the division to a new highest proficiency in the delivery of fire," Marshall said. "I can think of no better command team to hold the ranks of DIVARTY."Marshall moves on to U.S. Army Training and Army Doctrine Command to be the director of training operations management activity in Fort Eustis, Virginia.
Aguto said the division would be indebted to Marshall for his leadership and devotion to his Soldiers and his Family."(Marshall), thank you for everything you've done to make this brigade, these leaders and these Soldiers be the best," Aguto said.
- July 3, 2020America’s Pacific Division hosts National Hiring Days event
- July 2, 2020Walker pins on third star, becomes AMC deputy commander
- July 2, 2020Clean fuel keeps the Army rolling
- July 2, 2020Carnage Battery aims low with Excalibur round
- July 2, 2020Buffalo medics train Soldiers on combat casualty care
- July 1, 2020Raider Retention; Mission Accomplished
- June 26, 2020First of the Army’s newest Soldiers trained under controlled monitoring model to graduate basic training
- June 22, 2020Greywolf Brigade Changes Command
- June 22, 2020Army releases results of Fall 2019 housing surveys
- June 19, 20203rd Squadron, 89th Cavalry Regiment trains and fields new gear
- June 18, 2020'Be About It': Provost marshal general sends message to MPs on racial division and civil unrest
- June 18, 2020Army to reevaluate race disparities in justice system
- June 16, 2020Fort Drum’s Warrior Transition Unit re-designates, reflags as Soldier Recovery Unit
- June 12, 2020249th Engineer Battalion performs CBRM mission in Beckley
- May 28, 2020Spartans train to recertify on electronic warfare capabilities
- May 20, 2020NCO, Soldier of the Year to represent 3ID