By U.S. ArmySeptember 26, 2019
US Army Garrison Yongsan announced today that Tricare Prime Enrollments in Area II will be discontinued effective October 1. Effective 1 October 2019, Area II will be designated as a "Tricare Prime Remote site."
Tricare Prime Remote is similar to Tricare Prime in that it offers health care benefits to active-duty service members and command-sponsored eligible family members residing in designated overseas locations away from military treatment facilities. Enrollees will get a Primary Care Manager and will get primary, preventive, and specialty care from a local hospital. Referrals are required for care not provided by a Primary Care Manager.
Obtaining Medical Care in Area II
International SOS will coordinate all medical and dental care for active-duty service members and family members beginning 1 OCT 2019.
Enrolling in Tricare Prime Remote
Effective 1 October 2019, Tricare Prime beneficiaries will need to contact International SOS regional call center to enroll in "Top Prime Remote" by calling 080-429-0880 or 65-6339-2676 and entering "4" for enrollments.
1. Before you enroll, you must ensure that your contact information is updated in DEERS by visiting https://milconnect.osd.mil/milconnect. This ensures that host nation hospitals are able to contact the patient to schedule appointments and that the military treatment facility is able to contact the patient for enrollment preferences.
2. To enroll, have a copy of your orders to Area II. Tricare Prime enrollees residing in Area II after 30 days who have not enrolled in "Top Prime Remote" will be contacted by the Managed Care Division to verify enrollment in a Tricare Program.
3. Contact the International SOS regional call center and ask to enroll in "Top Prime Remote" by calling 080-429-0880 or 65-6339-2676 and entering "4" for enrollments. Operators are available 24 hours a day.
How to make a medical or dental appointment in Seoul after 1 OCT 2019
Once you are enrolled in Tricare Prime Remote, International SOS will coordinate all of your care. You will always call the International SOS call center for all medical or dental appointments. International SOS wlll contact the local healthcare providers and will authorize and approve your health care appointments on your behalf. Then, you will receive a call from the health care provider to schedule an appointment.
With prior approval or preauthorization, the enrollee's care is cashless and no claims are needed. Please keep a copy of all of your medical records provided by the host nation provider to be added to the military electronic health record.
Tricare Prime Remote Network Facilities in Seoul
The Seoul area has a robust network of purchased care sector providers that are ready and able to meet the medical needs of international patients. However, it is recommended that patients choose either Samsung Medical Center or Severance Hospital. These are state-of-the art facilities with a robust international staff. International SOS will refer patients to either one of these facilities, but can refer to any other network provider upon request.
Urgent and Emergent Care
If urgent or emergent care is required, "Top Prime Remote" enrollees should go to the nearest emergency room.
On-post emergencies: 0503-323-9111
Off-post emergencies: 119
The city of Seoul also has an emergency hotline staffed by English speakers to help get you to the nearest hospital. To reach the hotline, call 02-1339 from a cell phone.
Please notify International SOS International as soon as possible if you visit an emergency room.
Medications and Pharmacies
Prescriptions and medications from a host nation hospital will be paid for out of pocket. To file a claim, contact International SOS. The military treatment facility at K-16 or Humphries may be unable to fill prescriptions ordered by a host nation hospital provider.
Important Numbers for Tricare Prime Remote Beneficiaries
Tricare Prime Remote ENROLLMENT FAQs
It is highly recommended that Prime Beneficiaries assigned to Area II enroll in Tricare Prime Remote as it is the more convient option for access and continuity of care for Area II Prime beneficiaries. The military treatment facility will relocate to Area III (Osan and Camp Humphries) effective 1 October 2019. Beneficiaries who choose to remain enrolled with the military treatment facility and reside in Area II will not be reimbursed for travel expenses, nor will the military treatment facility provide transportation to accommodate patient appointments between Area II and Area III.
Tricare Prime enrollments in Area II will be discontinued effective 1 October 2019. Beneficiaries enrolled to USAG Yongsan or K-16 may either keep their enrollment with the military treatment facility in Area III (Osan, Camp Humphries) or enroll in "Top Prime Remote" in Area II.
Eligibility for Tricare Prime Remote
1. Only Tricare Prime beneficiaries are eligible to enroll in "Tricare Prime Remote". Tricare Select, Tricare For Life, and Tricare Plus enrollees are NOT eligible to enroll in "Tricare Prime Remote".
2. Only active-duty service members and/or their command-sponsored family members assigned to Area II (Yongsan and K-16) are authorized to enroll in "Tricare Prime Remote".
3. Enrollment in "Tricare Prime Remote" disqualifies beneficiaries from being enrolled to the military treatment facility (MTF), however, "Tricare Prime Remote" beneficiaries may still seek care at the military treatment facility as needed at no cost
4. Active Duty physicals and flight medicine is NOT provided by the SOS International/Tricare Prime Remote network. Active-duty service members enrolled in "Tricare Prime Remote" will be seen by any military treatment facility for active duty phsyicals.
5. Active Duty beneficiaries who are currently enrolled at K-16 will be automatically enrolled in "Tricare Prime Remote" on 1 October 2019. If these beneficiaries do not wish to be enrolled in Tricare Prime Remote, they must visit the Tricare Service Center at Camp Humphreys in building 6400, room C101 to cancel their enrollment and enroll at the new Brian D. Allgood Army Community Hospital or another military treatment facility in Area III no later than 1 November 2019.
6. Active-duty service members and/or their command-sponsored family members who were previously enrolled at the Brian Allgood Army Community Hospital in Yongsan and wish to keep their Prime enrollment at the military treatment facility after it has transistioned to Area III require no action. Their enrollment will shift with the movement of the military treatment facility from USAG-Yongsan in Area II to Camp Humphreys in Area III.
7. Active-duty service members and/or their command-sponsored family members who were previously enrolled at the Brian Allgood Army Community Hospital in Yongsan and wish to enroll in the Tricare Prime Remote can call International SOS no later than 1 November 2019 to enroll.
8. K-16, an Area II military treatment facility IS NOT open to enrollment, but active-duty service members may receive care at this location. This includes active-duty service members who are enrolled in Top Prime Remote. (NOTE: 2/2 CAB Soldiers must be seen by the flight surgeon at K-16 military treatment facility.)
9. Command-sponsored family members are not authorized to receive care at K-16 military treatment facility regardless of their enrollment choice. However, those who have enrolled in Tricare Prime Remote may be provided care at the military treatment facility in Area III as needed with no cost or penalty to the patient.
10. Personnel who reside in Area II and choose to keep their enrollment with the military treatment facility will require a referral to be authorized care in the Tricare Network. Personnel who seek care in the network without prior authorization will incurr a Point of Service Charge for their visit.
11. Newly assigned active-duty service members and their command-sponsored family members in Area II will enroll into Tricare Prime Remote in Area II as of 1 October 2019. Newly assigned beneficiaries to Area II will NOT be given the opportunity to enroll at the BDAACH in Area III.