Photo Essay: Fort McCoy observes 2019 Hispanic Heritage Month
By Scott SturkolSeptember 24, 2019
Fort McCoy, Wis., community members watched the documentary, The Borinqueneers, during the installation observance Sept. 19, 2019, of Hispanic Heritage Month.
The documentary is about the Puerto Rican 65th Infantry Regiment.
Dozens of people attended.
Hispanic Heritage Month is held from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15 each year.
It celebrates the histories, cultures, and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
Located in the heart of the upper Midwest, Fort McCoy is the only U.S. Army installation in Wisconsin.
The installation has provided support and facilities for the field and classroom training of more than 100,000 military personnel from all services each year since 1984.
Learn more about Fort McCoy online at https://home.army.mil/mccoy, on Facebook by searching "ftmccoy," and on Twitter by searching "usagmccoy."
- November 15, 2019IMCOM-E director tours USAG RP footprint
- November 15, 2019Fort Hood celebrates Native American Indian Heritage Month
- November 13, 2019Depot upgrades water supply, installs new tanks
- November 7, 2019Fort Knox will honor first Americans at native heritage month ceremony
- November 4, 2019Kentucky Soldier proud to celebrate Native American heritage
- November 1, 2019Army ramps up efforts to address PFAS at installations
- October 30, 2019Tulsa District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
- October 25, 2019Hispanic Heritage Month observance celebrates remarkable people
- October 25, 2019Wiesbaden celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
- October 22, 2019Hispanic observance includes cultural food, music, business info
- October 22, 2019Benelux community observes National Hispanic Heritage Month
- October 17, 2019Cal State professor talks about strides in college's engineering program, how Corps can help
- October 16, 2019BAMC celebrates Hispanic Americans during monthly observance
- October 16, 2019FLW celebrates diversity at Hispanic Heritage Luncheon
- October 15, 2019HRC celebrates Hispanic heritage at Fort Knox during Oct. 10 ceremony
- October 9, 2019Spanish native guest speaker at Hispanic Heritage event