Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands Guard units prepare for storm
By Puerto Rico National GuardAugust 27, 2019
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- Officials in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands are closely monitoring the progress of Tropical Storm Dorian as National Guard personnel prepare to assist civil authorities if needed."The Puerto Rico National Guard is closely watching the trajectory of this unpredictable storm and we have taken the necessary action in accordance with our contingency plans," said Maj. Gen. Jose J. Reyes, adjutant general of Puerto Rico, referring to the potential landfall of the storm."Throughout the past several months, we have conducted table-top exercises with municipality governments to provide support updating their emergency plans. We sincerely hope these plans will not have to be executed, but if necessary, we are ready," said Reyes."We pray that this storm does not hit us directly, but it is very likely that is will pass close along the southern coast," Reyes said. "We ask our citizens to stay calm, not speculate on the possibilities, stay informed from official news sources, take necessary precautions and to know that the PRNG is vigilant and ready to assist them if necessary.""The Puerto Rico National Guard has issued a warning order to its Engineer, Military Police, Transportation, Water Purification and Aviation units throughout the island, as well as Airmen assigned to Muñiz Air National Guard Base in Carolina. Special equipment was positioned in assigned areas throughout the island and the PRNG's Joint Operations Center is on alert, said Reyes.
- August 4, 2020Guard, active-duty and reserve forces help Texas hospitals
- August 4, 2020W.Va. Guard highlights COVID-19 response for July
- August 3, 2020ROTC Summer Camp, Operation Agile Leader begins in Puerto Rico!
- August 3, 2020Virginia National Guard mobilizes for Tropical Storm Isaias
- August 3, 202045th Infantry Brigade Combat Team conducts annual training
- August 3, 2020VING make repairs to local schools during annual training
- July 31, 2020Cyber Yankee exercise trains Conn. Guard in virtual threats
- July 31, 2020A first in Kansas Army National Guard history
- July 29, 2020Annual Training sprinkled with reality
- July 27, 2020First Army family member frames perfect response to pandemic
- July 24, 2020Soldiers dive deep to recover derelict fishing nets in Puget Sound
- July 22, 2020Guardsmen go to new heights for jump training
- July 10, 2020George C. Marshall Award Recipient Joins the Puerto Rico Army National Guard