Fire extinguisher training simulated
By Mrs. Jennifer Bacchus (AMC)August 22, 2019
ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT, Ala. -- The depot's Fire and Emergency Services Division conducted a pilot course of Fire Extinguisher Training Aug. 6 in the depot's Training Building.
The course will instruct employees whose job series requires hot work, such as welding and grinding, how to safely put out small fires.
The training, conducted in conjunction with the Safety Office, uses an electrical trainer to teach proper control of a fire extinguisher as well as how far from the fire they should stand.
"Our goal is to transport the training to the employees, to minimize the impact on production," said Wayne Roberts, a depot fire protection specialist.
The electronic trainer is mobile and only requires access to a power outlet for use.
"For it to be electronic, it is very realistic," said Roberts.
Employees within the Directorate of Production and Directorate of Public Works are currently being scheduled for the training.
The training takes approximately 30 minutes to an hour.
Roberts emphasizes the training is only for those employees who perform hot work. All other employees, in the event of a fire, are asked to use fire extinguishers only to aid in exiting the building.
- November 10, 2019NCOs, Soldiers vie for Pacific Guardian of the Quarter honor
- November 8, 2019Veterans Day breakfast highlights services for vets
- November 7, 2019586th Field Hospital hosts the Surgeon General of the U.S. Army
- November 6, 2019Mitchell updates workforce
- November 5, 2019Security assistance employee of the quarter
- November 4, 2019FCoE command team engages the 38th ADA Brigade
- October 31, 2019DRM releases FY2020 Group Award Program info
- October 31, 2019Award winner is comfortable being uncomfortable
- October 31, 201938th ADA volunteers make Halloween special for the community
- October 30, 2019Crane Army destroys dangerous munitions while protecting environment
- October 29, 2019Mother credits Army training for family safety after house fire
- October 22, 2019Crane Army converts lethal white phosphorus into usable phosphoric acid
- October 22, 2019Joint venture forges repair capability for naval gun system
- October 21, 2019Tobyhanna named "Outstanding Employer Partner" by National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- October 17, 2019Boiler plant operators work 24/7 to ensure production
- October 17, 2019ANAD overhauls M88s for KSA