Sgt. LaDavid Johnson to receive Silver Star Medal
By USASOC Public AffairsAugust 15, 2019
Media Advisory # 19-14-001
MIAMI, FL. -- On Aug. 16, 2019, Maj. Gen. John Deedrick, commanding general, 1st Special Forces Command (Airborne), will present the Silver Star Medal to the Family of Sgt. LaDavid Johnson.
Johnson was killed in action during operations in Niger, Oct. 4, 2017. He is being recognized for his valorous actions on that day.
The Johnson Family invites the public to attend. The ceremony will take place at 6 p.m. at the Miami Gardens City Hall, Miami Gardens, Florida. Members of the media who wish to attend are asked to contact Capt. Rick Dickson, U. S. Army Special Operations Command Public Affairs representative, for coordination, no later than 5 p.m. on August 15.
For questions, please contact the USASOC Public Affairs representative, Capt. Rick Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 334.614.5640.
- November 14, 2019Army band at Fort Benning sees itself as 'handshake' between Army, public
- November 12, 2019Worldwide PSYOP Conference 2019 Provides Sharing Forum for Leaders
- November 10, 2019101st Airborne Division WWII veteran finally receives Silver Star
- November 5, 2019Wrestlers medal at Military World Games
- November 5, 2019Dallas Cowboys host baby shower
- November 5, 2019Operation Baby Shower: Dallas Cowboys give back
- November 1, 2019USA wins triathlon gold in China
- October 31, 2019USARIEM receives Army Star Strong Award
- October 30, 2019Gold Star families honored with special concert at Fort Leonard Wood
- October 29, 2019Army wrestler takes silver at Military World Games
- October 29, 2019Sexual Assault Medical Forensic Examiners bring training, care
- October 28, 2019U.S. men's, women's golf teams earn medals at Military World Games