Sgt. Dustin M. Wright to receive the Silver Star
By 1st Special Forces Command (Airborne) Public AffairsAugust 13, 2019
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- On Aug. 14, 2019, Maj. Gen. John Deedrick, commanding general, 1st Special Forces Command (Airborne), will present the Silver Star to the Family of Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright.
Wright was killed in action during operations in Niger, Oct. 4, 2017. He is being recognized for his valorous actions on that day.
The Wright Family invites the public to attend. The ceremony will take place at 2 p.m. at the Santa Claus Community Center, Santa Claus, Georgia. Doors will open at 1:30 p.m. Members of the media who wish to attend, are asked to contact Capt. Rick Dickson, U.S. Army Special Operations Command public affairs representative, for coordination, no later than 5 p.m., August 13.
For questions, please contact the USASOC Public Affairs representative, Capt. Rick Dickson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-614-5640.
- November 14, 2019West Point Middle School honors veterans during WWII-themed play
- November 14, 2019Army band at Fort Benning sees itself as 'handshake' between Army, public
- November 12, 2019USACE and VA Break Ground for Outpatient Clinic
- November 12, 2019Worldwide PSYOP Conference 2019 Provides Sharing Forum for Leaders
- November 8, 2019Columbus schools receive $415k DoD, STEM grant due to Benning Families
- November 6, 2019Army announces new battalion commander selection program
- November 4, 2019Fort Eustis cultivates force readiness through professional development
- November 4, 2019Third time's a charm: Twin brothers deploy together again
- November 1, 2019New hires attend boot camp
- October 31, 2019Award winner is comfortable being uncomfortable
- October 30, 2019Disability awareness is key in workplace integration
- October 24, 2019PEO IEW&S' PM PNT Equips MAPS GEN I
- October 23, 2019Corps Rangers to attend Wildlife Expo