Sgt. Dustin M. Wright to receive the Silver Star
By 1st Special Forces Command (Airborne) Public AffairsAugust 13, 2019
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- On Aug. 14, 2019, Maj. Gen. John Deedrick, commanding general, 1st Special Forces Command (Airborne), will present the Silver Star to the Family of Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright.
Wright was killed in action during operations in Niger, Oct. 4, 2017. He is being recognized for his valorous actions on that day.
The Wright Family invites the public to attend. The ceremony will take place at 2 p.m. at the Santa Claus Community Center, Santa Claus, Georgia. Doors will open at 1:30 p.m. Members of the media who wish to attend, are asked to contact Capt. Rick Dickson, U.S. Army Special Operations Command public affairs representative, for coordination, no later than 5 p.m., August 13.
For questions, please contact the USASOC Public Affairs representative, Capt. Rick Dickson, at email@example.com or 334-614-5640.
- September 3, 20191st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldier dies from wounds sustained in combat
- September 2, 2019West Point football games used to recruit eligible Soldiers for prior-service program
- August 29, 2019N.Y. National Guard leader recognizes small town New York veterans
- August 29, 2019Shop, win, cheer! Exchange giving away tickets to Army-Navy Game
- August 28, 2019Husband and wife, both three-star generals, share secrets to dual Family success
- August 19, 2019Verell attends Camp Hansen Inns of the Corps Ribbon Cutting
- August 16, 2019Funkhouser Recognizes SPK Star Performers
- August 16, 2019Funkhouser Inspects USACE Projects at MOTCO
- August 15, 2019Sgt. LaDavid Johnson to receive Silver Star Medal
- August 8, 2019Sgt. 1st Class Jeremiah Johnson to receive Bronze Star Medal
- August 7, 2019Senior Enlisted Leaders Attend Army G-4 Symposium at Army Logistics University
- August 4, 2019Pacific Guardian Soldiers attend their first Bon Odori