Hellcat Company conducts a change of command
By Maj. Anthony ClasJuly 26, 2019
EL PASO, Texas -- Capt. Jeffrey Drumm relinquished command of Headquarters and Headquarters Company "Hellcat", 1st Battalion, 77th Armor Regiment", 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division to Capt. Matthew Schenaker at Fort Bliss, Texas, July 22.
Capt. Jeffrey Drumm, outgoing commander for HHC, 1st Battalion, 77th Armor Regiment, left his command humbly, identifying his team as the responsible party for his company's success during his command.
"Everyone runs the ship, and I just came along for the ride," said Drumm.
Capt. Matthew Schenaker, incoming commander for Hellcat Company, is appreciative for being able to command a company within the same battalion he served with in during 1st Battalion, 77th Armor Regiment's recent deployment to the Republic of Korea.
"(Hellcat Company) Is with the same battalion I was with when I was deployed to in the Republic of Korea, so it's like I never left the unit," said Schenaker.
The Soldiers from Hellcat Company recently returned from a nine-month deployment to the Republic of Korea increasing readiness and strengthening the alliance with our ROK Army allies.
- September 16, 2019SMDC establishes first command chief warrant officer
- September 13, 20191st Armored Division NIA Chapter Hosts Awards Ceremony
- September 13, 2019Retired 1st Lt. Adriana De Hoyos: Full Circle Moment
- September 13, 2019WSMR honors the first responders and those lost on Sept. 11
- September 12, 2019Royal Thai Army first to receive Strykers
- September 12, 2019Sky is the limit for one of the first female Apache pilots
- September 12, 20191st SFAB Trains and Certifies Military Advisors for Worldwide Employment
- September 12, 2019"Fill Day": First time meeting your drill sergeant
- September 12, 2019Suicide Prevention Remains Key at 1st TSC
- September 12, 2019Stryker versatility to help 1st Corps achieve mission now, into the future
- September 12, 2019Soldier Lethality team delivers first big win for AFC
- September 12, 2019U.S. Army Sgt. 1st Class David Iuli: Passing the torch
- September 12, 2019AMC conducts first-ever medical logistics exercise
- September 12, 20191st TSC and the 858th MCT Keep Things Moving During Eager Lion
- September 12, 2019Hainerberg neighborhood center first to open
- September 12, 2019Army combatives instructor takes honors in first Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament