Animal Safety offers advice for residents who find strays, wildlife on post
By Fort Knox PAOJuly 19, 2019
Fort Knox Animal Safety is reminding community members to avoid handling stray and wild animals at the installation. They offer the following advice:Q: What do I do if I find a stray domestic animal at Fort Knox?
A: Take note of the location and description of the animal and call Knox Hills Maintenance line 24 hours a day at 502-799-6565. For safety and public health reasons, DO NOT handle or transport stray animals.Q: What do I do if I find a wild animal, adult or baby, at Fort Knox?
A: Take note of the location and description of the animal and call 911 or the Fort Knox MP Desk at 502-624-6847. DO NOT attempt to capture or otherwise handle the animal. It is normal for most young animals are left alone for many hours during the day. Injured wildlife can also be dangerous when approached.
- July 7, 2020Fort Knox residents report ‘very good’ scores for post housing
- July 2, 2020The Fort Knox Red Cross to host blood drives July 9 and 29
- July 2, 2020Fort Knox RSO to offer backyard Kidz Klubz, virtual Vacation Bible School in July
- July 1, 2020Cadet Command welcomes new Deputy Commanding Officer to leadership team
- June 30, 2020U.S. Army aims to hire 10,000 new Soldiers during three-day event
- June 30, 2020Romeo Crennel: Path to NFL runs through Knox
- June 27, 20204th Cavalry Brigade welcomes new commander during pandemic
- June 26, 2020‘Survey says’ — Fort Knox numbers remain high in Army-wide housing resident satisfaction report
- June 26, 2020Fire, Safety encourage Fort Knox community to celebrate 4th of July off-post — safely
- June 26, 2020Army leaders highlight career benefits for nationwide hiring event
- June 24, 2020Fort Knox Safety official donates plasma to help others fight COVID-19
- June 19, 2020Fort Knox Middle High School upgrading football team wall locker, athletics weight room
- June 19, 2020Geronimo Jack keeps Ops Gp farm animals safe, in step