USARAK Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
By Spc. Demarco Wills (USARAK)July 17, 2019
Maj. Gen. Peter Andrysiak assumed command of U.S. Army Alaska from Maj. Gen. Mark O'Neil in a change of command ceremony at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson's Pershing Field July 16.
In his remarks, the reviewing officer Lt. Gen. Gary Volesky, the commanding general of I Corps and Joint Base Lewis-McChord gave praise to O'Neil's hard work and commitment during his time as the USARAK commander.
He spoke about O'Neil's commitment to Soldier readiness and highlighted his work with the USARAK Sharpshooter program.
Volesky mentioned some of USARAK's contributions to the Army's overall warfighting and training readiness, including Arctic Anvil, the largest Army exercise to take place in Alaska since 2001.
O'Neil stated in his remarks that it was an honor to lead the Soldiers of USARAK.
"I am grateful to have served with each of you," O'Neil said.
In his final remarks, O'Neil challenged the formation to continue to lead, adapt and grow.
Andrysiak returned to USARAK, having served as the 2nd Engineer Brigade commander before its inactivation in 2015.
"It's great to be back in Alaska. It's great to be back on familiar ground," said Andrysiak,
"We have a large, diverse team," Andrysiak said, "We work alongside our Air Force partners to serve a multifaceted mission."
He complimented the work O'Neil performed during his tenure as the USARAK commander.
"There are not any major changes that need to be made," Andrysiak said, "When I look at my priorities versus his, they look roughly the same and are just written differently."
He stated his focus will continue to be on readiness along with leader development, teamwork, and resilience.
Andrysiak takes command after having served as the U.S. Army Pacific chief of staff.
- January 12, 2021Utah National Guard supporting long-term care facilities
- January 14, 2021Speaker recalls life and legacy of Dr. King as it relates to his own family’s experience
- January 14, 2021More National Guard troops head to DC for inaugural support
- January 14, 2021U.S. Army Micro-atomizer Contributes to COVID-19 Research
- January 13, 2021Message to the Army Community about recent events at the U.S. Capitol
- January 13, 2021Army scientists pick top 10 coolest advances of 2020
- January 13, 2021Army community partnerships honored for improving readiness, innovation
- January 13, 2021For the Pandemic and Beyond, Wearable Technology Points the Way
- January 13, 2021N.Y. National Guard builds COVID vaccination 'Pods' to support state vaccination effort
- January 12, 2021Army SHARP program assists victims with getting the help they need
- January 12, 2021Next Chapter of “What's Your Warrior?” Offers Deeper Look at Army Careers
- January 11, 2021DOD utilizes 3D-printing to create N95 respirators in the battle against COVID-19
- January 8, 2021101-year-old veteran survives two pandemics
- January 12, 2021Army to review discharges and status-upgrade procedures for behavioral health conditions
- January 8, 2021From homeless, to green, to gold: An Army officer’s humble beginnings
- January 11, 2021Soldier Volunteers Continue Holiday Tradition at Arlington National Cemetery
- January 11, 2021Army to lead new DOD strategy against drone attacks
- January 8, 2021DOD details National Guard response to Capitol attack