Ansbach children turn out in force for vacation bible school
By Amy Stork, USAG Ansbach Public AffairsJuly 1, 2019
ANSBACH, Germany (July 1, 2019) -- With the theme "Athens -- Paul's dangerous journey to share the truth," vacation bible school (VBS) was a hit at the Katterbach Chapel June 24-28.More than 75 children and 35 volunteers participated in the one-week summer program sponsored by the USAG Ansbach Religious Support Office.Col. Steven M. Pierce, USAG Ansbach commander, visited VBS June 28 and thanked the volunteers and religious support staff that helped with the festivities each day.Children who attended VBS started their days with worship songs geared for kids followed by games, snacks, crafts, Bible memory, family time, and a visit with the Apostle Paul to learn more about his journey.Lt. Col. Sean Phillips, USAG Ansbach Chaplain, said the people involved in this year's VBS brought amazing energy and excitement when it came to learning about God's character: his power, presence and provision, but especially his love."Our chapel volunteers make religious education fun," he said. "Watching people of all ages live, learn and love through life is the best thing about VBS."
According to Phillips, VBS is important for two reasons: relationships and resilience.
"It sets conditions early for young people to establish life-long friendships not only with peers, but also with slightly older volunteers," he said. "The VBS curriculum challenges young people to begin modeling behavior congruent with deeply-held, faith-based beliefs, a key concept in resilience."
- July 2, 2020Fort Knox RSO to offer backyard Kidz Klubz, virtual Vacation Bible School in July
- July 1, 2020USAG Bavaria USPS streamlines outbound shipping processes
- June 30, 2020Army volunteers encourage student innovation during national STEM competition
- June 29, 2020Fort Polk’s BOSS volunteers for local school beautification project
- June 25, 2020US Army Garrison Wiesbaden Celebrates Pride Month
- June 23, 2020American Red Cross Volunteer increases medical capability at LRMC Clinic
- June 22, 2020NCNG Serves Food, Hope to Community During COVID-19
- June 19, 2020Command Sgt. Maj. Michael J. Spear: New CSM at USAG Bavaria
- June 18, 2020On the frontlines of a pandemic: Fort Drum’s all-volunteer healthcare team at the center of the fight against COVID-19
- June 18, 2020USAG Ansbach community member has overwhelming impact on the garrison beekeeping program
- June 18, 2020USAG Ansbach provides innovative ROM support
- June 15, 2020Ansbach focuses on EO in leaders’ course
- June 11, 2020Virtual VBS program to connect Fort Campbell Families at home
- June 10, 2020Fort Stewart/HAAF Volunteer of the Year Awards Ceremony goes virtual
- June 10, 2020BAMC volunteer continues service to community during pandemic