Weather and safety leave changes shared
By Mrs. Jennifer Bacchus (AMC)June 13, 2019
ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT, Ala. -- The June 5 Commander's Town Hall began with weather and safety leave information from George Worman, Anniston Army Depot's chief legal counsel.The Office of Personnel Management has been standardizing weather and safety leave, formerly known as administrative leave, throughout all federal organizations.The new leave policies apply to all employees at Anniston Army Depot.If an inclement weather situation or emergency occurs, which impacts the depot and its ability to function, the installation's leadership will disseminate weather and safety leave information to the workforce via the chain of command, news media, the depot's "SNOW" line (256-235-7669) and the installation Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AnnistonArmyDepot)."The approach of the leadership is that the decision will be made as early as possible, so employees can plan," said Worman.In most cases, when the depot is closed due to adverse weather conditions, employees will receive weather and safety leave.Worman shared the following information all employees should note:• Weather and safety leave might not apply to employees who are designated as emergency employees. These employees should speak to their supervisor regarding how leave rules apply to them.• Employees who telework or have the ability to telework might not be eligible for weather and safety leave. These employees should speak with their supervisor regarding how leave rules apply.• Employees who already have leave approved for that day will not be granted weather and safety leave.• If the installation has a delayed opening, employees who cannot arrive at work by the designated time will not receive weather and safety leave. These employees should coordinate with their supervisor to receive approval for the appropriate type of leave.Worman cautioned employees to pay attention to the weather and announcements from the depot. He also asked employees to speak with their supervisor regarding any leave questions or concerns.
- May 29, 2020AMC leads Army in diversifying civilian workforce
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020What you need to know about Lockout/Tagout
- May 28, 2020Lean in action: Cleaning, Painting, Finishing Div.
- May 28, 2020Memorial Day ceremony held at McClellan
- May 22, 2020Wheelock Fitness Center employees unveil anvil
- May 21, 2020NSSC EAP Program
- May 20, 2020Time to Telework. How is it Working?
- May 20, 2020Let's Talk Telework
- May 19, 2020See-through masks benefit depot personnel
- May 14, 2020Accountability vital to success for employees, ANAD
- May 14, 2020Wildfires, grilling are two summer fire hazards
- May 14, 2020Crane safety: Pre-operational inspections and safe operations