By Fort Rucker Public Affairs Staff ReportJune 11, 2019
FORT RUCKER, Ala. -- Fort Rucker will host its annual Freedom Fest July 3 from 4-10 p.m. on the festival fields with the Maneuver Center of Excellence Band headlining the event.
The free event celebrating the nation's independence will be open to the public, although people will need the proper identification to enter the post, and will feature fireworks, music, food and family fun, according to post officials.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
4-10 p.m. -- Food and craft vendors open.
4-10 p.m. -- Rides operation -- fees vary, some activities may close early.
Kids Fun Zone
4-9 p.m. -- Kids Confidence Course -- free.
4-9 p.m. -- Inflatable Fun World -- fees apply.
Main Stage Field
7 p.m. -- Opening remarks.
7 p.m. -- Historic and national colors posted, National Anthem.
7:10 p.m. -- Commanding general's welcome.
7:15-8 p.m. -- MCOE Band first set with Tribute to Gold Star Families.
8-8:10 p.m. -- Intermission.
8:10-9 p.m. -- MCOE Band second set.
9-9:30 p.m. -- Fireworks.
• Cell phone use is prohibited when operating a vehicle on post without the use of a hands-free device. Drivers must safely exit the roadway to a hard stand to use their cell phone if driving without a hands-free device.
• No coolers, tote bags, backpacks or containers are allowed on the grounds except for medical and baby care items.
• Fireworks of any kind are prohibited on post.
• Glass containers are prohibited at the event.
• Pets are not allowed due to safety concerns. All service dogs must be clearly marked on their harness or collar. If animals are not properly marked, owners will be asked to take their dog home.
• Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, mace and pepper spray are prohibited.
• No roller blades, bicycles, skateboards or scooters are allowed at the event.
VISITOR ACCESS POLICY
Unescorted visitors planning to attend Freedom Fest must obtain a visitor's badge from one of the visitor control centers, or be escorted on post by an authorized escort.
VCCs are located at the Daleville and Ozark gates. Operating hours for the Daleville VCC are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mondays through Sundays. Operating hours for the Ozark VCC are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mondays through Fridays.
To obtain a visitor's badge, people will need valid government-issued picture identification, such as a driver's license, state-issued ID, or passport. When accessing Fort Rucker, visitors must present a visitor's badge and a valid government-issued picture identification card in order to access Fort Rucker.
The current access policy permits anyone with a valid Common Access Card, retiree ID, military dependent ID, DA Form 1602 Civilian ID Card, or any other U.S. government-issued personal identity verification credential to access Fort Rucker without a visitor's badge.
Of these groups, only active-duty and retired U.S. service members and their dependents (18 and older), and DA civilians with a valid DOD-issued ID card may escort unvetted visitors. Those who escort visitors are vouching for their guests and must escort them everywhere while on-post.