By Staff Sgt. Justin HardinJune 5, 2019
CAMP BUEHRING, Kuwait (March 28, 2019) - "Fall in!" Col. Jason Wood, commander, 368th Expeditionary Air Support Operations Group (EASOG), calls airmen of the Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) to attention.
It is 7:53 p.m. and the TACP community across the globe is preparing to start their 8th Annual 24-hour challenge. The purpose of the 24-hour challenge is to remember the airmen and women killed in combat, honor those still serving and support the families of both.
"All TACP units and associates throughout the globe are participating, we started here at 8 p.m. Kuwaiti time and there are other units starting [at] similar times all throughout the world," Wood said.
This year the event featured six categories of competition: overall mile, average miles, ultra run two-person team, ultra run individual, ultra ruck two-person team and ultra ruck individual.
"Every year I try to push myself," said 1st Lt. Josh Martinez, TACP officer, 82nd EASOS. "It brings out the competition in everyone and that's what I love."
For the 2019 challenge, TACP set an overall financial goal of $250,000 and to log 50,000 miles. Participants at the Camp Buehring location did not collect monetary donations, they only logged miles and directed all donors to the TACP fundraising website.
- May 29, 2020ACS available to help Reserve and National Guard Soldiers, Families
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020State officials: Current conditions could cause rise in child abuse, neglect during isolation
- May 28, 2020Tank-automotive and Armaments Command takes part in Michigan Defense Expo
- May 27, 2020Honolulu District hydraulic engineer named 2019 USACE Climate Champion Award winner
- May 22, 2020PD CTIS Equipment Supports Remote Military Station Survey and Rebuilding
- May 19, 2020‘AMAZING STAFF’ -- Fort Rucker Schools closes out historic year, looks to future in new facility
- May 19, 2020Growing tomorrow’s Army space operations officers
- May 18, 2020Take note of upgrades at Marion Bonner while utilizing paths, trails
- May 12, 2020Corpus Christi Army Depot uses limited resources to make an impact
- May 8, 2020USAISR on the frontlines of fight against COVID-19
- May 8, 2020New Combat Medics Tackle Burn Team Duty
- April 29, 2020Cadets run 48 miles to raise awareness for sexual assault, harassment