Ansbach hosts former Disney executive
By USAG Ansbach Public AffairsJune 3, 2019
ANSBACH, Germany -- U.S. Army Garrison Ansbach hosted Lee Cockerell, a speaker and author, during the Garrison's Workforce Development Day May 28 at Katterbach Fitness Center.Col. Steven Pierce, USAG Ansbach commander, had previously heard Cockerell speak in November 2018 and was eager to introduce him to the community."We have an exciting opportunity today to share some interesting and valuable ideas that you will be able to take with you wherever you go in your career," Pierce said. "We are very lucky to have Mr. Lee Cockerell here to discuss some of his experiences with us."As the former Executive Vice President of Operations for Walt Disney World Resort, Cockerell spoke to Ansbach's civilian workforce, Soldiers and Ansbach Middle/High School students on leadership, management and customer service.Cockerell said that one of the biggest issues when dealing with people is making our expectations clear to each other."People are not clear when they talk to somebody about doing something, there are misunderstandings … you didn't say it," he said.Cockerell mentioned this was extremely important when it comes to the military because transforming civilians into Soldiers means there may be habits that need to be corrected, and those who have first contact with those Soldiers need to make them understand where they are and the expectations.He also stressed the formula for a great organization was to "hire them right, train them right and treat them right."Treating people right, Cockerell said, means having the hard conversations. "It means telling them the truth, and when you do that, people will trust you."
- September 17, 2020Virtual Run for the Fallen a success with many participants far and wide
- September 9, 2020Emphasize Supportability Early
- September 4, 2020Master Resiliency Trainer Course graduates first students at Fort Lee
- August 25, 2020Ordnance School staff sergeant renders aid to trapped motorists
- August 21, 2020CASCOM welcomes first human resources CSM
- August 20, 2020Col. Aaron Stanek begins tour as Logistics University commandant
- August 18, 2020Avenger training: No shortage of challenges for those enrolled in 94T course
- August 12, 2020MWD, handlers receive conflict management training
- August 11, 2020Khmer Rouge tragedy drives QM Soldier to greater service
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- August 3, 2020Uniquely experienced officer takes charge of 16th Ord. Bn.
- August 3, 2020McDevitt wraps up tour as first female ADFSD deputy director
- August 3, 2020Jackalope 6 reliquishes HHC command
- July 31, 2020Transportation Corps, 58th Trans. Bn. observe anniversaries one day apart
- July 29, 2020One 'good start' gives rise to another
- July 20, 2020USAG Ansbach oversees largest railhead movement in 10 years