EARNING THE EXPERT INFANTRYMAN BADGE
By Army Sgt. Solomon AbandaMay 30, 2019
"The EIB exercise is designed to be mentally and physical challenging," said Sgt. Maj. Shawn Rost, Non-Commissioned Officer-in-charge of operations for 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg N.C.
Sgt. Maj. Rost said the Paratroopers began their hands-on training with the EIB cadres two weeks earlier, where they received step-by-step classes on all 30 testing lanes.
"This exercise proves that a Paratrooper can learn a set of tasks quickly over a short amount of time and perform under extreme conditions," said First Lt. Bart Jeffrey, the Executive Officer for Alpha Company, 2-504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team.
Jeffrey said earning an EIB is extremely important to him because it proves that he can be an expert in various weapon systems, patrolling lanes and providing immediate medical care on the battlefield.
Sgt. Maj. Rost said the exercise offered Paratroopers the opportunity to enhance their fundamental Warrior Skills necessary to be successful in their profession, and it is a satisfying experience seeing how all of the hard work from all members of the 1BCT team culminated in a world-class training event which got the attention of distinguished guests, such as the Secretary of the Army, Dr. Mark T. Esper. Out of the 650 Paratroopers who started, 159 successfully completed the grueling week-long event.
"This exercise is significantly important to all Paratroopers, but imperative moreso to non-commissioned officers," said Cpt. George Fletcher, Alpha Company Commander of 1-504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team. "What EIB really means is for a Paratrooper to master the basics and fundamentals, at the lowest level, in order to be able accomplish the Army's mission."
- June 3, 2020W.Va. Guard holds exercise to prepare for simultaneous missions
- June 1, 2020Fort Knox Youth creates innovative five-week virtual exercise regimen
- May 29, 2020DoDEA schools move online
- May 28, 2020Fort Drum volunteers earn recognition for community contributions
- May 28, 2020West Point youth impresses, earns post BGCA Youth of the Year
- May 27, 2020PRNG works through disaster scenarios
- May 27, 2020Health experts: Pandemic could drive fearful, bored to dangerous coping mechanisms
- May 26, 2020Chief of staff foresees greater Army commitment in Indo-Pacific
- May 21, 2020Sleep, Healthy Diet, and Good Exercise—Your Invisible Body Armor Against Infection
- May 20, 2020AFNorth Battalion spouse earns AG Corps recognition
- May 19, 2020904th CBN conducts virtual validation exercise
- May 15, 2020Paratroopers train to become Soldiers-Athletes with GiBs
- May 11, 2020Mitigation measures enable successful recon ops for Paratroopers