Army Special Operations Command to remember fallen Soldiers, May 30
By USASOC Public AffairsMay 28, 2019
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, May 28, 2019) -- The U.S. Army Special Operations Command will honor 13 Special Operations Soldiers killed while supporting combat operations during the past year in a memorial ceremony.
The ceremony will take place Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 9 a.m. on the USASOC Memorial Plaza, adjacent to the Headquarters building at 2929 Desert Storm Drive, Fort Bragg, NC.
USASOC commanding general, Lt. Gen. Francis M. Beaudette, will add the Soldiers' names to the memorial wall, paying tribute to them and more than 300 Army Special Operations Forces Soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice in defending our Nation in the war against terrorism.
Hundreds of family members, friends and special guests from across the country are expected to attend.
Media interested in attending this event must R.S.V.P. no later than noon Wednesday, May 29, with the public affairs office at (910) 432-6005. Please advise the number of news team members/photographers, special interview requests and if you plan on live coverage.
Media should provide after-hours contact information to include email address, so we may inform you of changes.
Registered media will be provided meeting locations upon R.S.V.P. Media is required to have set-up completed by 8:45 a.m.
For further information concerning USASOC please visit: www.soc.mil/.
- February 12, 2020Shared civil rights memories emphasize history, improvements
- February 10, 2020'Bridging the gap': 4ID hosts career fair for local students
- February 10, 20208th graders at Albritton Middle learn weather hazards, disasters led by meteorologist
- February 7, 202032d AAMDC Army general from Fayetteville, N.C., promoted at Fort Bragg
- February 6, 2020Middle school students expand knowledge about the Army
- February 6, 2020A DISTINCT HONOR - Soldiers on special detail are crucial part of mission
- February 3, 2020Refueling, rearming system tested by low-velocity air drop at Ft. Bragg improves readiness
- January 31, 2020SMA to Soldiers: 'Understand the people around you'
- January 31, 2020Review finds no systemic ethical problems in Special Ops
- January 30, 2020MLK observance held to honor Dr. King's legacy
- January 30, 2020Understanding the Special Victims' Counsel Program
- January 27, 2020Kentucky Chautauqua presents 'Nancy Green: Being Aunt Jemima the Pancake Queen' at Barr Feb. 20
- January 24, 2020U.S. Army JFK Special Warfare Museum becomes Army Special Operations Forces Museum
- January 24, 2020The U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Museum Temporarily Closed for Inventory
- January 23, 2020USASOC 2019 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey
- January 23, 2020FORSCOM general salutes community partners, readiness, modernization