Army Special Operations Command to remember fallen Soldiers, May 30
By USASOC Public AffairsMay 28, 2019
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, May 28, 2019) -- The U.S. Army Special Operations Command will honor 13 Special Operations Soldiers killed while supporting combat operations during the past year in a memorial ceremony.
The ceremony will take place Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 9 a.m. on the USASOC Memorial Plaza, adjacent to the Headquarters building at 2929 Desert Storm Drive, Fort Bragg, NC.
USASOC commanding general, Lt. Gen. Francis M. Beaudette, will add the Soldiers' names to the memorial wall, paying tribute to them and more than 300 Army Special Operations Forces Soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice in defending our Nation in the war against terrorism.
Hundreds of family members, friends and special guests from across the country are expected to attend.
Media interested in attending this event must R.S.V.P. no later than noon Wednesday, May 29, with the public affairs office at (910) 432-6005. Please advise the number of news team members/photographers, special interview requests and if you plan on live coverage.
Media should provide after-hours contact information to include email address, so we may inform you of changes.
Registered media will be provided meeting locations upon R.S.V.P. Media is required to have set-up completed by 8:45 a.m.
For further information concerning USASOC please visit: www.soc.mil/.
- September 16, 2019Memorial to Monument Run connects Fort Drum community to its neighbors
- September 16, 2019Media advisory: Correction on the arrangements to attend Maj. Mathew Golsteyn court-martial
- September 16, 2019Fort Bragg senior-level civilian opens up about struggle with suicidal thoughts, attempt
- September 15, 2019XVIII Airborne Corps returns to North Carolina after year-long Middle East deployment
- September 13, 2019TF Patriot Soldiers conduct 9/11 memorial PRT session
- September 12, 2019Court-Martial date set for Maj. Mathew Golsteyn
- September 12, 2019Fort Bragg remembers 9/11 with heartfelt ceremony
- September 12, 2019Cadet Candidates reflect on 9/11 at NYC Memorial
- September 12, 2019What to know before you visit the National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial
- September 12, 2019Renewal: New Gander memorial begins to take shape as old site is cleared
- September 12, 2019Fort Bragg combatives instructor takes honors in her first Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament
- September 12, 20191st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldier dies from wounds sustained in combat
- September 12, 2019Social media security: Tips from an Army special agent
- September 12, 2019Two Special Forces Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan
- September 12, 2019First enlisted female to graduate from Ranger School reflects on experience
- September 12, 2019USASOC receives Congressional Medal