May Communicator highlights command's top performers
By Daniel. P. Elkins, Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeMay 20, 2019
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas (May 20, 2019) -- The May issue of the MICC Communicator highlighting a number of achievements by members of the Mission and Installation Contracting Command is now available online.This month's issue highlights Army-level awards earned by the director of small business programs and MICC-Fort Hood director of contracting. It also spotlights the Fort Hood contracting NCO who bested nine others in the recent Army Contracting Command Best Warrior Competition as well as the 418th Contracting Support Brigade new command sergeant major.Additionally, this month's Leader's Perspective, "Accomplishments validate intrinsic workforce expertise," by Command Sgt. Maj. Marco Torres recognizes the command's outstanding performers and encourages those across the command to share the MICC story with others.Find links to the Communicator and Leader's Perspective below.About the MICC:
Headquartered at JBSA-Fort Sam Houston, Texas, the Mission and Installation Contracting Command consists of about 1,500 military and civilian members who are responsible for contracting goods and services in support of Soldiers as well as readying trained contracting units for the operating force and contingency environment when called upon. MICC contracts are vital in feeding more than 200,000 Soldiers every day, providing many daily base operations support services at installations, facilitate training in the preparation of more than 100,000 conventional force members annually, training more than 500,000 students each year, and maintaining more than 14.4 million acres of land and 170,000 structures.
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020419th CSB cases colors for deployment
- May 27, 2020Stay safe during moving of household goods
- May 26, 2020925th CBN assumes regional contracting center command
- May 21, 2020Florida National Guard supports two new walk-up test sites
- May 21, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- May 19, 2020904th CBN conducts virtual validation exercise
- May 18, 2020Benning, Lee partnership provides Soldier readiness support
- May 14, 2020Army Contracting Command names Fort Riley Solider best warrior
- May 12, 2020Contract approach to Fort Meade base operations boosts competition
- April 30, 2020MICC-Fort Bliss personnel adapt to meet training requirements