Accused Soldier Proceeds to Court-Martial
By USASOC Public Affairs OfficeMay 16, 2019
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- On May 15, 2019, the commanding general for U.S. Army Special Operations Command referred Maj. Mathew Golsteyn's case to trial by General Court-Martial.
U.S. Army Special Operations Command adheres to the Uniformed Code of Military Justice and the procedures therein, which safeguards the rights of the accused and serves the interests of justice.
All future trial dates will be determined by the military judge. At this time the date for Maj. Golsteyn's next court appearance has not been set, but a press advisory will follow once all the details are confirmed. U.S. Army Special Operations Command has no additional comments at this time.
For questions please contact the USASOC Public Affairs Director, Lt. Col. Loren Bymer: LTC Loren Bymer, email@example.com or 910.432.3383.
- October 17, 20191st Special Forces Group Soldier receives Army Expert Soldier Badge
- October 17, 2019U.S. Army Special Operations Command rolls out new strategy
- October 16, 2019The "Godfather of Sports Medicine" provides exertional illness lecture at NW Arkansas
- October 10, 2019Army volleyball player recovers from ACL injury in time for Military World Games
- October 10, 2019West Point Class of 2004 Graduates and Special Guest Honor Fallen Classmates at Memorial Service
- October 9, 2019U.S. Army special operations aviators show off improved fueling system
- October 8, 2019U.S. Army Special Operations Command Department of Defense Civilians complete leadership training
- October 3, 2019New commander at Special Operations Aviation Command
- October 2, 2019AMSC launches fully-online version of Civilian Intermediate Course
- October 2, 2019Maj. Mathew Golsteyn motions hearing
- September 23, 2019Field ordering officers procure timely special ops requirements
- September 17, 2019The 92-year-old Army veteran who translated at Nuremberg
- September 16, 2019Media advisory: Correction on the arrangements to attend Maj. Mathew Golsteyn court-martial
- September 12, 2019Court-Martial date set for Maj. Mathew Golsteyn