418th CSB welcomes new command sergeant major
By Ryan Mattox, Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeMay 15, 2019
FORT HOOD, Texas -- (May 15, 2019) Soldiers and civilians from the 418th Contracting Support Brigade welcomed their new enlisted leader to the unit during a change-of-responsibility ceremony May 10 at Fort Hood, Texas.Command Sgt. Maj. Barrett Taylor assumed the responsibility of the brigade from Command Sgt. Maj. Darnyell Parker in a ceremony officiated by Col. Joel Greer, the 418th CSB commander.Taylor's previous assignment was with the 904th Contracting Battalion at Fort Stewart, Georgia, where he served as the battalion sergeant major, providing contracting support to the 3rd Infantry Division at home and abroad.
The change-of-responsibility ceremony included the passing of the brigade colors. The colors symbolize the heritage and history of the organization as well as unity and loyalty of its Soldiers. As the brigade command sergeant major, Taylor is the keeper of the colors."I am honored to have been selected to be your next command sergeant major," Taylor said while addressing ceremony participants. "I look forward to getting out to see each and every one of you, and I know that you will continue the outstanding work and dedication you are all known for."Taylor entered the Army in 1996 as an armor crewmember and has since served in numerous leadership positions. Taylor is an Army Acquisition Corps member and holds a Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Level III certification in contracting and a Level I certification in program management. He is a graduate of all of the Army NCO Education System courses, including the Sergeants Major Academy Class 66. Taylor also holds a Master of Science degree from Columbia Southern University in Orange Beach, Alabama.The new command sergeant major's operational experience includes deployments to Kosovo, Djibouti, Iraq and Afghanistan."Colonel Greer and I look forward to this opportunity of working with you as a command team and, as a team, will continue to build on the great successes and accomplishments of the 418th CSB," Taylor said. "I hope to have a great impact on the Soldiers and civilians and ensure that this will be the brigade that everyone wants to become a part of based on the caliber and quality of services that we provide to our customers."Parker, who joined the 418th CSB in January 2017, will take a brief assignment to III Corps at Fort Hood before assuming responsibility as the 408th CSB command sergeant major in Kuwait.The 418th CSB is a subordinate unit of the Mission and Installation Contracting Command at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, Texas. The brigade provides core contracting customer service through strategically aligned support to commands and installations. It is made up of approximately 400 Soldiers and civilians across four geographically separated contracting battalions and two installation-level contracting offices in the U.S.
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020419th CSB cases colors for deployment
- May 26, 2020925th CBN assumes regional contracting center command
- May 22, 2020NETCOM leaders share Memorial Day safety message
- May 21, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- May 19, 2020904th CBN conducts virtual validation exercise
- May 18, 2020Benning, Lee partnership provides Soldier readiness support
- May 14, 2020Army Contracting Command names Fort Riley Solider best warrior
- May 12, 2020Contract approach to Fort Meade base operations boosts competition
- May 11, 2020Holston Expands Environmental Efforts
- May 8, 2020Old contracting tool leads to new successes in Kuwait