BUFFALO, NY-- In response to the rising water levels on Lake Erie, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo District stands ready to use its authority under Public Law 84-99 to supplement local and state efforts during and following flood conditions along Lake Erie.Technical assistance consists of providing review and recommendations in support of state and local efforts, and helping determine feasible solutions to uncommon situations. The following are examples of technical assistance: 1. Providing experienced personnel to give guidance on flood fight techniques and emergency construction methods. 2. Providing personnel to inspect existing flood protection projects and/or structurally threatened dams to identify problem areas and recommend corrective measures. 3. Providing hydraulic analysis, geotechnical evaluations, topography and stream data, maps, and historic flood or storm information."The District has not received any formal requests for assistance, but we stand ready to supplement local and state flood fight efforts, and look forward to working with our community partners," said Lt. Col. Jason Toth, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo District Commander. "We are committed to doing our part to ensure public safety by providing vital public and military engineering services."Great Lakes water levels can be found at: https://go.usa.gov/xmmHXBuffalo District urges the public with properties along Lake Erie to contact the Corps of Engineer's Regulatory Branch at 716-879-4330, or visit the Regulatory website at https://www.lrb.usace.army.mil/Missions/Regulatory/ to ensure proper permits are in order for any existing or planned shoreline alterations. A Section 10 Rivers and Harbors Act permit and/or Section 404 Clean Water Act permit are required for any work in, over, and/or under a navigable water, such as Lake Erie. A federal permit from the Corps of Engineers may be required even if state authorization has already been granted.The Corps of Engineers cannot offer direct assistance to individual businesses and homeowners. Businesses and homeowners should be working with their local emergency managers for assistance. The Corps of Engineers can only engage when an official request for assistance has come from the state or a locality.