USASOC to participate in Festival D'Avion Airshow
By USASOC Public AffairsApril 10, 2019
April 10, 2019
Media Advisory#: 19-04-001
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- The U.S. Army Special Operations Command is participating in the Festival D'Avion Airshow, Carthage, North Carolina, April 12, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The USASOC Black Daggers Recruiting Support Detachment will conduct a parachute demonstration during the event and the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment will have a C-27J Spartan aircraft for static display. Spectators will have an opportunity to interact with the pilots and see their aircraft up close.
This is an opportunity to meet elements of Army Special Operations Forces and learn about their capabilities.
The Festival D'Avion Airshow, hosted by the Fayetteville Recruiting Company, Raleigh Recruiting Battalion, and retired Brig. Gen. Mabry Martin, the Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army, will be held at the Moore County Airport.
The USASOC Black Daggers and Aircrew teams will be available for media interviews during the airshow.
For more information concerning the USASOC Black Daggers or Army Special Operations Aviation, or to schedule an interview, please contact Major Harold "Andy" Tate by email at Harold.Tate@SOCOM.mil or phone at (910) 907-0960 or (910) 584-9029.
- 30 -
- October 16, 2019Safety message extends lifecycle for Black Hawk parts
- October 15, 2019Combat Medic selected to represent the Medical Center of Excellence, AUSA 2019
- October 12, 2019'Wolfpack' support students during fall festival, continue helping community
- October 10, 2019Tailgating, food part of the Army Football experience
- October 9, 2019'Fall Festival' at Sagami Depot brings together U.S., Japanese communities
- October 7, 2019Nevada Guard Black Hawk crew saves motorcyclist during storm
- October 3, 2019Fort Leonard Wood, Waynesville fire departments team up for river rescue
- October 1, 2019Soldiers kick it with fellow Taekwondo-ins at annual festival in Seoul
- September 30, 2019HAAF NCO earns Sergeant Audie Murphy Award
- September 25, 2019Army conducts Initial Operational Test of modernized UH--60V Black Hawk helicopter digital cockpit
- September 24, 2019Photo Essay: UH-60 Black Hawk training operations at Fort McCoy
- September 24, 2019Fort Knox Fire, Hardin Fire Chiefs Association host realistic training at 2-day school
- September 16, 2019Media advisory: Correction on the arrangements to attend Maj. Mathew Golsteyn court-martial
- September 12, 2019Soldiers from Uzbekistan traveled to U.S. Army Alaska's Black Rapids Training Site for training
- September 12, 2019USASOC receives Congressional Medal