Small biz owners maxed out Vendor Fair
By U.S. ArmyApril 5, 2019
The number of attendees was capped at 80, but an estimated 85 attended -- attesting to the event's popularity. The cap was necessary because Dugway lacks a facility for a larger event, said Angela Arwood-Gallegos, Small Business Professional with the Office of Small Business Programs MICC.
Jim Keetch, director of the Dugway MICC office, welcomed the guests and drew chuckles when he said, "Keep in mind, just because you're here doesn't give you the secret recipe to a government contract."
Arwood-Gallegos said, "Utah has a very healthy small business industry." Her office must maintain an outreach program to inform small businesses regularly. The Procurement Technical Assistance Center and Small Business Administration -- represented at the Dugway fair, also host or attend similar events.
All small business owners seeking government contracts should begin their search at the Federal Business Opportunities website at www.fbo.gov, Arwood-Gallegos said. Here, they learn the specifics of government city, county, state and federal contracts with small businesses.
For more information on small business contract opportunities at Dugway Proving Ground, email Jim Keetch at email@example.com or Angela Arwood-Gallegos at firstname.lastname@example.org-
- August 7, 2020New Top NCO Takes Position at 94th AAMDC
- August 5, 2020Sally Lester: One person farewell committee
- July 31, 2020Army completes first additive manufacturing provisioned part
- July 30, 2020Soft spoken but a fighter, Walker commands CBT this summer
- July 27, 2020Program showcases organization’s role models, leaders
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 22, 2020MICC briefing to industry attracts over 450 small business reps
- July 22, 2020Ice House team produces valuable commodity during summer heat
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020Dugway, CBC Collaborate on New Test Cell
- July 16, 2020Washington Guard helps clear unemployment claim backlog
- July 15, 2020Army North ready to battle COVID-19 after busy spring
- July 10, 2020SPITFIRE Doubles Task for Efficient Use
- July 8, 2020Soldiers at clinic stand in for civilians at home