CJTF-HOA Commanding General arrives in Mozambique to support Cyclone Idai relief efforts
By U.S. Air Force Master Sgt. Amanda CurrierOctober 8, 2019
CAMP LEMONNIER, Djibouti -- U.S. Army Maj. Gen. James D. Craig, Combined Joint Task Force -- Horn of Africa commanding general, arrived in the Republic of Mozambique March 25, 2019, to get a first-hand look at the devastation Cyclone Idai caused throughout the region earlier this month.The general met with U.S. Ambassador to Mozambique Dennis W. Hearne, members of the U.S. Agency for International Development's (USAID) Disaster Assistance Response Team, and a forward coordinating element of CJTF-HOA members who were already on site to discuss the post-storm crisis situation in the Republic of Mozambique and surrounding areas.U.S. Africa Command designated CJTF-HOA as the lead for U.S. Department of Defense, Cyclone Idai relief efforts in support of USAID's Disaster Assistance Response Team -- the lead federal coordinator for the U.S. Government's international disaster response effort."We are working in support of the USAID-led interagency team and the international community to provide efficient delivery of humanitarian assistance to the Government of the Republic of Mozambique," Craig said. "We are responding as quickly and safely as possible to help bring relief from the devastation."The task force is set to help meet requirements identified by USAID assessment teams and humanitarian organizations working in the region by providing logistics support and manpower to USAID at the request of the Government of the Republic of Mozambique.Teams from CJTF-HOA are scheduled to airlift food, medical supplies and other relief materials and provide aircrew, communications and other staff members to support the crisis response efforts."Our service members are highly trained, and provide unique military capabilities and expertise that will support U.S. Government humanitarian assistance efforts," said Craig. "We care about the people of Mozambique and are focused on supporting USAID to ensure a comprehensive response to this crisis."
- March 17, 2020U.S. Army Personnel and Families arrive to Korea after Stop Movement
- March 12, 2020Camp Humphreys Provost Marshal awards "Officer of the Month"
- March 12, 2020Greywolf returns home from 9-month Korean rotation
- March 5, 2020Area IV Medics Make History in Support of COVID-19
- March 3, 2020North Carolina Guard cyber team on election duty
- February 25, 2020Cobra Gold 20: Opening Ceremony
- February 4, 2020Security Assistance Partnership
- January 31, 2020Army Corps of Engineers helps open Wounded Warrior Rehabilitation Center in Republic of Georgia
- January 27, 2020Civic Action Team strengthens Compact of Free Association in the Republic of Palau
- January 21, 2020CJTF-HOA members conquer Grand Bara Race
- January 16, 2020Czech Republic military looks to SATMO to develop NCO training
- January 13, 2020Alliance Forged in War, Sustained through Combined Training