Annual boxing extravaganza shows what competition looks like
By Robert TimmonsMarch 21, 2019
More than 200 civilians and 1,900 trainees watched fighters tap gloves and come out swinging during the 8th Annual Boxing Extravaganza held March 16 at the Solomon Center on post.These were the first bouts fought expressly by amateurs without any service members trading blows."From the Revolutionary War on, (you) have fought protecting our freedom to allow us on a Saturday night in ... Fort Jackson, South Carolina, to do something like this," said Ken French, ring announcer for the event, to the throngs of trainees, Soldiers and civilians attending the event. "It is our choice because you protect our freedoms.""We are in for an absolutely phenomenal treat," said Fort Jackson commander Brig. Gen. Milford H. "Beags" Beagle Jr. prior to the fights. He lauded the fighters who represent themselves and boxing clubs across South Carolina.He added the extravaganza shows "what competition looks like and what the Warrior Spirit looks like" and also shows "what true sportsmanship looks like."The results of the fights were:Bout 1 - Delquan Dennis defeated Kashawn AdamBout 2 - Maqueet Harrison defeated Muldrow RigbyBout 3 - Javis Jones defeated Vit YBout 4 - Dimitri Allen defeated Chris ScottBout 5 - Anquan Arnold defeated Jontrelle ColemanBout 6 - Deondre Walker defeated Hakim JohnsonBout 7 - Doctress Robinson, Golden Gloves Champion 2018, defeated Earl McIndoeBout 8 - Dacarre Scott defeated Derris Hagger
- June 2, 2020West Virginia Guard tests 10,000 people for COVID-19
- May 21, 20202 + 8 weeks = new timeline for basic trainees
- May 19, 2020'I made it’: Fort Jackson trainees recover from COVID-19, graduate
- May 15, 2020Trainee shipping time decreases despite increased safety measures
- May 14, 2020‘I made it,’ trainees recover from COVID-19, graduate
- May 14, 2020What Do Buzzwords Really Mean?
- May 13, 2020Century-old memorabilia box opened at Arlington Cemetery
- May 7, 2020Pushing ahead
- May 7, 2020Fort Sill drill sergeants pass out mail 'Space-Available'
- April 30, 2020Fort Sill trainees overcome obstacles to complete FTX
- April 29, 2020Fort Stewart-HAAF fire fighters send birthday wishes to community children
- April 29, 2020Oral surgeon provides intubation training to medical staff
- April 27, 2020IVAS goggles checking trainee temperatures