2nd Annual Broomball game
By Sgt. Patrick KirbyMarch 20, 2019
The broomball game consisted of three eight-minute periods with players sliding across the ice, wearing normal shoes and using plastic paddles with the intent of hitting a ball into the goal.
The Screaming Eagles took the lead in the first period with a single goal, but Jim Durrett's (Montgomery County Mayor) team answered quickly with a goal of their own in the second period.
The final period ended with another score from the mayor's team putting them into the lead. The announcer counted down from ten and finally called the game, Montgomery County won two to one.
After a round of handshakes and high fives, Jim Pitts, the mayor of Clarksville, presented the winning team with a trophy and the game ball.
"The competitive spirit always shows through and everybody played to win on both sides," Major General Andrew Poppas, commander, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) said. "The friends we have in this community, both personally and as an organization, the 101st and Fort Campbell is absolutely fortunate to be here. You can just see the depth of friendships that have been built over the years."
- May 26, 2020Military brothers compete in 'Titan Games' TV show
- May 26, 2020SPP spirit spurs Romania to help Alabama fight COVID-19
- May 21, 2020Natural resources stun, transplant game fish
- May 21, 2020How the legacy of a fallen Soldier reminds us to do our best
- April 30, 2020Cal Guard assisting skilled nursing facilities in LA County
- April 29, 2020USO offers virtual visits, gaming during COVID quarantine
- April 29, 2020Soldiers maintain readiness playing video games
- April 29, 2020Parachute rigger school jumpers once again fly skies over Pickett
- April 27, 2020NY Army Guard helps feed 1,000 in Amsterdam
- April 27, 2020For Army West Point esports, COVID-19 is business as usual
- April 24, 2020PA Guard prioritizing safety at Wilkes-Barre COVID-19 test site
- April 20, 2020Wisconsin Guard team testing inmates, staff at county prison
- April 15, 2020Cadets adapt, overcome while finding inspiration
- April 15, 2020JMC's standardized processes and efficiencies drive munitions readiness!
- April 13, 2020Two more Soldier-athletes qualify for Summer Olympics