2nd Annual Broomball game
By Sgt. Patrick KirbyMarch 20, 2019
The broomball game consisted of three eight-minute periods with players sliding across the ice, wearing normal shoes and using plastic paddles with the intent of hitting a ball into the goal.
The Screaming Eagles took the lead in the first period with a single goal, but Jim Durrett's (Montgomery County Mayor) team answered quickly with a goal of their own in the second period.
The final period ended with another score from the mayor's team putting them into the lead. The announcer counted down from ten and finally called the game, Montgomery County won two to one.
After a round of handshakes and high fives, Jim Pitts, the mayor of Clarksville, presented the winning team with a trophy and the game ball.
"The competitive spirit always shows through and everybody played to win on both sides," Major General Andrew Poppas, commander, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) said. "The friends we have in this community, both personally and as an organization, the 101st and Fort Campbell is absolutely fortunate to be here. You can just see the depth of friendships that have been built over the years."
- January 22, 2021Message from the Under Secretary of the Army
- January 21, 2021Army family: New Mexico woman joins husband, son in National Guard
- January 21, 2021Brothers in arms serving at US Capitol
- January 19, 2021Scenarios, vignettes aid 3rd Chemical Brigade SHARP program
- January 21, 2021Just scrolling through: Army urges responsible social media usage
- January 20, 2021Acting Secretary of the Army initial message to the force
- January 20, 2021Army chief of staff discusses Arctic strategy, Indo-Pacific presence
- January 20, 2021Get to know the COVID-19 vaccine
- January 20, 2021Researchers advance detection method for explosives
- January 20, 2021Farewell message from the Secretary of the Army
- January 19, 2021Army undersecretary to leave post, reflects on career
- January 12, 2021Tuskegee Airman loses battle to COVID-19
- January 19, 2021New app simplifies housing repair requests
- January 19, 2021AMCOM develops Data and Analytics Center of Excellence
- January 19, 2021SMA praises National Guard’s work ahead of inauguration
- January 17, 2021Guard judge advocates brief Soldiers and Airmen in DC
- January 14, 2021Army project monitoring eagles wins conservation recognition
- January 17, 2021National Guard troops head to DC from as far away as Guam
- January 15, 2021Army leaders talk ethical leadership
- January 12, 2021Utah National Guard supporting long-term care facilities
- January 14, 2021Speaker recalls life and legacy of Dr. King as it relates to his own family’s experience
- January 14, 2021More National Guard troops head to DC for inaugural support