Lindsey Golf Course to reopen March 1
By G. Anthonie RiisFebruary 25, 2019
Fort Knox's Lindsey Golf Course is scheduled to reopen March 1 with a new look as well as a new menu at the food bar.Kyle Twomey, Lindsey Golf Course manager, said he hopes the changes will bring new life to a great course."Lindsey Golf Course is easily one of the top five in the state and is the best golf course in the immediate area," Twomey said. "We are hoping that our incentives for new members, the new look, and good food will bring them out."Twomey said the first 150 new golf members will receive gift pack that includes a hat, water bottle and bag tag. He added
"[These news members also get a] first lesson with our golf pro free - another $50 value," Twomey said, adding that any member who refers a new member will get a $50 gift card.
The food bar, formerly a grill that included hamburgers and hot dogs on the menu, will now feature barbecue selections from Moe Licious BBQ.
Twomey said he hopes predictions of an early spring will give golfers the itch to get back to the greens."We broke records with the amount of rain we saw last year, and we had 46 days when no one played golf," Twomey said. "So many of them haven't been here, and we're excited to show them the changes we're making."
- July 10, 2020Renovated physical fitness center opens to public with new focus
- July 10, 2020Was ist los in Franken? Golf courses and miniature golf
- July 1, 2020Bingo halls, Marne Bowling Center reopen to guests
- June 25, 2020Fort Sill PXtra reopens after renovations
- June 19, 2020Fort Polk Thrift Shop reopens in new location, overcomes challenges
- June 18, 2020‘NEVER LOOKED BETTER’ Gordon Lakes Golf Course reopens
- June 16, 2020Fort Benning reopens gyms, pools, other services, but with COVID-19 precautions in place
- June 16, 2020Garrison launches new online appointment system
- June 12, 2020Fort Indiantown Gap scaling up operations
- June 11, 2020Jackson leadership talk diversity, dialing up services, post schools during town hall
- June 9, 2020Museum complex completing full inventory of its artifacts this month
- June 8, 2020Fort Knox MWR slowly reopens facilities to community
- June 8, 2020Make appointment to get taxes done at reopened Fort Polk Tax Center
- June 3, 2020More Fort Leonard Wood FMWR facilities opening June 6 and 7