Cadet Command announces 2018 MacArthur Award winners
By Mr. Michael Maddox (ROTC)February 22, 2019
FORT KNOX, Kentucky (Feb. 20, 2019) -- The U.S. Army Cadet Command announced today the eight winners of the MacArthur Awards for the school year 2017-2018.The award recognizes the eight schools, selected from among the 275 senior Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) units nationwide, as the top programs in the country.The awards, presented by Cadet Command and the Gen. Douglas MacArthur Foundation, recognize the ideals of "duty, honor and country" as advocated by MacArthur.The award is based on a combination of the achievement of the school's commissioning mission, its cadets' performance and standing on the command's National Order of Merit List and its cadet retention rate.Cadet Command and the MacArthur Foundation have given the awards each year since 1989.The FY18 awardees of the General Douglas MacArthur Award, selected by their brigade commanders as the top performing program, are:• Virginia Military Institute, which represents Cadet Command's 1st Brigade.
• University of Vermont, which represents 2nd Brigade.
• Saint John's University, which represents 3rd Brigade.
• University of Virginia, which represents 4th Brigade.
• University of Texas at Austin, which represents 5th Brigade.
• Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, which represents 6th Brigade.
• Ohio State University, which represents 7th Brigade.
• Pacific Lutheran University, which represents for 8th Brigade.
- July 1, 2020Task Force Ramrod ready to make an impact while conducting summer training at West Point
- July 1, 2020Cadet Command welcomes new Deputy Commanding Officer to leadership team
- June 30, 2020Oakdale resident selected for prestigious U.S. Army award
- June 30, 2020Lewiston resident selected for prestigious award
- June 30, 2020Army volunteers encourage student innovation during national STEM competition
- June 30, 2020Romeo Crennel: Path to NFL runs through Knox
- June 29, 2020Camp Zama housing satisfaction improves, wins awards
- June 25, 2020Fort Sill drill sergeants, cadre recognized for their lifesaving effort
- June 23, 2020LTG Darrell Williams To Receive 2020 Gregg Sustainment Leadership Award
- June 18, 2020USMA Class of 2020: ‟With Vision We Lead” in their own words (Part 4)
- June 17, 2020DoD presents award to Army South Soldier during Pentagon ceremony
- June 10, 2020USMA Class of 2020: ‟With Vision We Lead” in their own words (Part 3)
- June 4, 2020USMA Class of 2020: ‟With Vision We Lead” in their own words (Part 2)