USAES welcomes Galick as top enlisted leader
By Ms. Dawn M Arden (Leonard Wood)February 14, 2019
The U.S. Army Engineer School at Fort Leonard Wood welcomed Regimental Command Sgt. Maj. Douglas Galick back to the installation during an assumption of responsibility ceremony held Tuesday in Nutter Field House."Command Sgt. Maj. Galick is the perfect choice to serve as the Engineer School command sergeant major," said Brig. Gen. Robert Whittle Jr., USAES commandant. "His experience makes him a natural fit to advise me as we continue to transform the Engineer Regiment to support the Army of 2028 and beyond."Whittle said Galick has deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as having served in every leadership position from team leader to brigade command sergeant major. These positions include a tour as senior drill sergeant for Fort Leonard Wood's 3rd Battalion, 10th Infantry Regiment.Galick said he is humbled and grateful for being selected as the regiment's senior enlisted leader."I am excited to be on the team and I am very much looking forward to making my rounds and engaging with all of you. I look forward to earning your trust and confidence," Galick said. "As part of the team I pledge to be a loyal and transparent leader."He said he owes all who dedicated their time, energy and faith in his abilities and will not let them down."I am here to give back to my village of supporters, the Engineer Regiment and the United States Army. I am here to make a difference," Galick said. "I am here to help ensure that the United States Army Engineer School continues to produce tactically and technically proficient engineer warriors and leaders of character who are capable of defeating any enemy on today's complex battlefields."Galick attended both Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training at Fort Leonard Wood. His previous assignment was as command sergeant major of the 555th Engineer Brigade, the Triple Nickle, at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
- May 26, 2020Fort Leonard Wood community amenities reopening with precautions in place
- May 21, 2020Discover the fish of Fort Leonard Wood
- May 21, 2020Fort Leonard Wood cub scouts take virtual tour of fire station
- May 21, 2020Fort Leonard Wood senior leaders surprise Soldier with President’s Volunteer Service Award
- May 20, 2020In their own words: Fort Leonard Wood community members explain the significance of Memorial Day
- May 20, 2020Fort Leonard Wood leadership hold virtual COVID-19 town hall
- May 14, 2020Fort Leonard Wood gyms to reopen May 14
- May 13, 2020Fort Leonard Wood holds virtual COVID-19 town hall
- May 13, 2020Fort Leonard Wood Soldiers, civilians describe their telework experience
- May 13, 2020Sergeant Major Roy W. Sullivan, Jr.
- May 7, 2020Local Scouts, Cub Scouts adapt to COVID-19 distancing measures
- May 7, 2020Fort Leonard Wood USO delivers needed supplies to Soldiers
- May 7, 2020Fort Leonard Wood leadership holds virtual town hall