US Army statement on DoD report on sexual harassment and violence at the military service academies
By U.S. ArmyJanuary 31, 2019
WASHINGTON -- The Department of Defense Annual Report on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence at military service academies, covering 2017 and early 2018, is troubling and disappointing.
There is no room in the U.S. Army for sexual harassment or sexual assault. This is a readiness issue that affects our ability to prepare to fight and win our Nation's wars as much as it is an issue of values. As such, we have directed the West Point leadership to report back with an updated action plan in the coming weeks.
This is not just about the Army staff and faculty at West Point, we also expect more from the cadets, who are our Army's future leaders. They must internalize and live the Army Values. They need to set the example every day for the Soldiers they will lead tomorrow.
Leaders, Soldiers, and Cadets who fail to intervene and stop sexual assault or sexual harassment violate the Nation's trust and the trust of their peers.
- Secretary of the Army, Dr. Mark T. Esper and Chief of Staff of the Army, Gen. Mark A. Milley
- January 28, 2020Cadet Of The Week: Samuel C. Eckert
- January 28, 2020Monthly Fort Knox retirement ceremony set for Jan. 31
- January 25, 2020Cadet ski patrollers care about the well-being of West Point skiers
- January 23, 2020Local Civil Air Patrol squadron to compete in color guard competition on Fort Leonard Wood
- January 23, 2020FLW issues MOREs to trainees
- January 22, 2020Commandant's reading list meant to build better officers
- January 22, 2020Cadet ski patrollers overlook the well-being of West Point skiers
- January 21, 202011th ADA BDE Aims To SHARPen Minds
- January 21, 2020West Point app undergoing updates as part of capstone project
- January 17, 2020Fort Knox observes Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 16, 2020West Point takes day to reflect on honorable living
- January 14, 2020Cadet achieves max grade in total body fitness test
- January 13, 2020West Point cadet overcomes trials, earns Foley Award
- January 13, 2020WWII veteran shares war stories with cadets
- January 13, 202020 cadets join the Long Gray Line
- January 10, 2020Familiarizing clinicians with care for sexual assault