US Army statement on DoD report on sexual harassment and violence at the military service academies
By U.S. ArmyJanuary 31, 2019
WASHINGTON -- The Department of Defense Annual Report on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence at military service academies, covering 2017 and early 2018, is troubling and disappointing.
There is no room in the U.S. Army for sexual harassment or sexual assault. This is a readiness issue that affects our ability to prepare to fight and win our Nation's wars as much as it is an issue of values. As such, we have directed the West Point leadership to report back with an updated action plan in the coming weeks.
This is not just about the Army staff and faculty at West Point, we also expect more from the cadets, who are our Army's future leaders. They must internalize and live the Army Values. They need to set the example every day for the Soldiers they will lead tomorrow.
Leaders, Soldiers, and Cadets who fail to intervene and stop sexual assault or sexual harassment violate the Nation's trust and the trust of their peers.
- Secretary of the Army, Dr. Mark T. Esper and Chief of Staff of the Army, Gen. Mark A. Milley
- July 3, 2019From the "Land Down Under" to Deutschland
- July 2, 2019SHARP Summit at Ford Island
- July 1, 2019Day 5: 2019 XVIII Airborne Corps NCO and Soldier of the Year Competition
- June 28, 2019Strike Brigade Welcomes New Commander
- June 28, 2019Big Red One Soldiers seize air assault objective during Saber Guardian 19
- June 27, 2019Multinational Air Assault Planning Exercise Conducted at JMTG-U
- June 26, 2019HRC's CSM 'Team of Teams' Visits Screaming Eagles
- June 26, 2019Military Police conduct training with Alabama National Guard
- June 25, 2019Fort Knox officials: Don't let fireworks reports turn into fire reports
- June 25, 2019Sustaining Safety: 716th Military Police Battalion conduct training with Alabama National Guard
- June 5, 2019Service Members Graduate USARCENT's Air Assault School
- June 5, 2019Bulldog Brigade assaults through the breach
- May 23, 2019ISEC comes together for Denim Day
- May 18, 2019Army SHARP Spoken Word Artist
- May 3, 2019"Got Your Back" training teaches sexual assault prevention to Benelux community