VICENZA, Italy (January 28, 2019) -- Get ready for tax season! The Vicenza Tax Center opened its doors today for those taxpayers who only have a wage and earning statement (W2) and bank interest (Form 1099-INT).After the Grand Opening Feb. 13, the center will begin assisting taxpayers who have more complicated tax returns (e.g., tax returns involving an ITIN application, stock trades, or a residential rental property or preparation of tax return amendments from a previous year's tax return).The Vicenza Tax Center will offer walk-in services for "simple" returns. Examples of simple returns include those with W2s, interest/dividend income, and only one state return. Returns that are more complicated require an appointment with a tax preparer. Clients may schedule appointments for more complicated returns by visiting the Vicenza Tax Center beginning today.In order to assist customers, personnel must bring the following documents:
• Forms 1099 and/or 1098
• Routing and bank account numbers for IRS payment or refund
• Social security cards or other proof of social security numbers for all members of the household
• Identity theft PIN (if the IRS has assigned one)
• Information of other income, if applicable
• Child and dependent care information, if applicable
• A copy of last year's return, if possibleTax center personnel are unable to prepare and file an individual's taxes unless all required documentation is with him/her, so please have every document before visiting the Vicenza Tax Center.Wage and earning statements became available through MyPay on Jan. 19 (civilian) and Jan. 22 (active duty). Most other forms taxpayers receive from various financial institutions will be available by Jan. 31 (including Form 1099-INT, Form 1099-DIV, and Form 1098). Institutions must mail more complicated tax forms (e.g. reporting the sale of stocks or other investments, Form 1099-B, or Form 1099, Consolidated Tax Statement) by Feb. 15.Please stop by the tax center office for additional information. The trained, knowledgeable, and IRS-certified tax preparers will be happy to meet to discuss individual circumstances.The main Vicenza Tax Center is located in the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate on Caserma Ederle in Building 166. Beginning Jan. 28, hours of operation will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m.The satellite location at Caserma Del Din will be located in the Company Operations Building, Building 50. The Del Din Tax Center will be open every Wednesday, beginning Feb. 20, from 9 a.m. to noon.