Commanding Generals recognize outstanding Soldiers at Yama Sakura 75
By Sgt. Erica EarlDecember 14, 2018
CAMP HIGASHI-CHITOSE, Japan-- America's First Corps Commanding General, Lt. Gen. Gary Volesky, and the Japan Northern Army Commanding General, Lt. Gen. Masato Taura, are recognizing Soldiers in a daily Hero of the Battle ceremony for their contributions during Yama Sakura 75 at Camp Higashi-Chitose, Hokkaido, Japan.
The commanding generals plan to acknowledge one Soldier from the U.S. Army and one from the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force each day over the duration of Yama Sakura to show appreciation of those who are working hard to make the exercise a success.
The honored Soldiers will receive a coin from each other's country's commanding general in the Hero of the Battle portion of the daily bilateral meeting.
They will also each lead the room in the victory cry for Yama Sakura 75, "Onward together!" in English and Japanese.
Yama Sakura, which translates to mountain cherry blossom, is an annual bilateral exercise that strengthens the alliance between America and Japan through exchanging ideas, tactics, and military experience.
- August 6, 2020Secretary of the Army visits Fort Hood Community Leaders
- August 5, 2020CGSC hosts "The Changing Landscape of Homeland Security" panel discussion
- August 5, 2020Tighten Up Not Lighten Up
- July 29, 2020Fort Buchanan Army Reserve Center Ground Breaking Ceremony
- July 29, 20201st Armored Division bids farewell to British deputy commanding general
- July 28, 2020CECOM Commanding General Sends...
- July 28, 2020W. Va. Guard, Peruvian Air Force share ideas on COVID-19
- July 28, 2020ABOVE AND BEYOND -- Fort Rucker thanks, honors 2019’s volunteers of the year
- July 28, 2020FORSCOM welcomes new Command Sergeant Major
- July 24, 2020Meet GLWACH’s new commander, born and raised in the Show-Me State
- July 23, 2020Maj. Gen. Christopher Donahue, 82nd Airborne Division Commanding General
- July 22, 2020Senate confirms first woman to command Army reserve
- July 20, 2020IG serves as eyes, ears, voice, conscience of commander
- July 17, 2020MCoE changes command