By Joint Base Lewis-McChord Garrison Public AffairsDecember 4, 2018
Wednesday has been declared as a National Day of Mourning to honor former President George H.W. Bush.
President Donald Trump has issued an executive order to close Federal offices and excuse all Federal employees from duty for the scheduled workday on Wednesday, Dec. 5, except those who cannot be excused for reasons of national security, defense, or other essential public business.
Service members and civilian employees should check with their command or supervisor for their duty status.
JBLM Gates: Integrity Gate (Lewis North), and RCF and Transmission Line Road Gates (Lewis Main) will be closed. All other gates will operate on normal weekday hours.
The December Garrison Community Update, scheduled for Wednesday, is cancelled. The briefing slides will be distributed through the commands. The next Garrison Community Update is Jan. 9 at 9:30 a.m. at the Nelson Recreation Center.
Both the Lewis Main and McChord Field commissaries are open normal hours.
Both the Lewis Main and McChord Field exchanges are open normal hours. However, some of the Express stores and food courts will have modified hours. Those will be posted on the JBLM Exchange Facebook page once they are finalized -- www.facebook.com/JBLMExchange.
Here are the other impacts on JBLM.
OPEN FAMILY AND MWR FACILITIES:
• Nelson Recreation: holiday hours noon-9 p.m.
• Warrior Zone: normal operating hours 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.; The Zone: DONSA schedule: 10 a.m. -- 10 p.m.
• McChord Field Fitness Center: holiday hours: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
• McChord Field Fitness Center Annex: holiday Hours: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
• McVeigh Sports and Fitness Center: holiday hours: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
• Soldiers Field House: holiday hours: noon - 8 p.m.
• Wilson Sports and Fitness Center: holiday hours: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Child Development Centers and School Aged Center: open modified hours from 6:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
• Eagles Pride Golf Course: open: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Samuel Adams Brewhouse at Eagles Pride Golf Course: open 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
• Whispering Firs Golf course: open: 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Habanero Mexican Grill open 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
• Bowl Arena Lanes: open
• YTC Child Development Center: open modified hours from 6:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
CLOSED FAMILY AND MWR FACILITIES
• Leisure Travel Service: closed
• Special Events Office: closed
• Adventures Unlimited: closed
• Holiday Park: closed
• Northwest Adventure Center: closed
• Outdoor Adventure Programs: closed
• Equipment Rental (NAC): closed
• SCUBA: closed
• Travel Camp, Cabins: closed; housekeeping will work to clean cabins
• Skeet and Trap Range: closed
• RV Storage Lot Reservations: closed (RV lots are accessible)
• Sports Administration Office: closed
• Jensen Family Center: closed
• Sheridan Sports and Fitness Center: closed
• YTC Gym
• Intramural Sports Office: closed
• Cowan and Memorial Stadium: closed
• Field Maintenance: closed
• Keeler Pool: closed
• Kimbro Pool: closed
• Soldiers Field House Pool: closed
• Arts and Crafts: closed
• Lewis Auto Center: closed
• McChord Field Auto Center: closed
• Grandstaff Memorial Library: closed
• McChord Field Library: closed
• CYS Administrative Offices: closed
• FCC Administration: closed
• FCC Houses: open
• Sounders Lanes Family Fun Center: closed
• American Lake Conference Center: closed
• Battle Bean at Stone Education Center: closed
• Battle Bean Drive Through: closed
• Battle Bean at McChord Field: closed
• Samuel Adams Brewhouse Cascade: closed
• The Club at McChord Field: closed
• MWR Book Store at Stone Education Center: closed
• MWR Marketing: closed
• Corporate Partnerships: closed
• Unit Funds/MWR Credit Card: closed
• Private Organizations: closed
• NAF Financial Management: closed
• Supply: closed
• MWR GSA Fleet: closed
• Facilities Maintenance: closed
• MWR Information Technology: closed
• MWR Administrative Offices: closed
• Go Transit: closed
• Raindrop and Rainbows: closed
• Hillside Youth Center/Teen Zone: closed