Silver Knights Return to "The Great Place"
By Sgt. 1st Class Michael CoxNovember 26, 2018
The 1st Medical Brigade uncased their colors during a ceremony at Abrams Gym last Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving after a nine month deployment supporting CENTCOM marking the units return the Fort Hood.
"Nine months ago, I stood at this very podium in this very location as we cased these colors to deploy." Col. Anthony Nesbitt, commander of the 1st Medical Brigade said. "I told you that we would support U.S. CENTCOM in combat saving lives and taking care of Soldiers and all come back safely; guess what, we did it."1st Medical Brigade provided medical support in the CENTCOM area of operations that spanned eight countries supporting Operations Inherent Resolve, Freedom's Sentinel, Spartan Shield and Special Operations. Nearly 700 1st Medical Brigade Soldiers provided dental, blood, combat stress and various other medical support for nearly 59,000 Department of Defense personnel during their deployment."Patient care is an intensely human endeavor that requires top-notch knowledge and skill in the best of environments let alone austere and challenging circumstances," said Brig. Gen. Darren Werner, Commanding General of the 13th Expeditionary Sustainment Command. "Task Force 1st Medical provided exceptional service for nine months through superior Army Health Services Support and Force Health Protection to the United States Central Command area of operations."1st Medical Brigade saved lives by executing over 1000 surgeries in theater and evacuating thousands of casualties during the deployment. They also conducted the first ever Theater Medical Rehearsal of Concept drill as the theater enabling command."Silver Knights, we are home now, we will reintegrate, recover and reset," Nesbitt said. "You don't achieve standards, you set standards. Simply put, you are the best medical brigade in the Army and I am extremely proud of all of you."
- March 30, 2020Connecticut National Guard helps distribute medical supplies
- March 27, 2020Fort Knox welcomes new Garrison command sergeant major during livestreamed ceremony
- March 27, 2020Growing Louisiana Guard presence supports COVID-19 response
- March 26, 2020First Army senior NCO cooks up winning formula
- March 26, 2020DOD establishes task force to meet US medical equipment needs
- March 25, 2020Field and Air Defense Artilleries Are Not the Same
- March 25, 2020USAMMC-K plays key role in fight against COVID-19 in Korea
- March 24, 2020Secretary of the Army Visits USAMRDC, Touts COVID-19 Funding Boost
- March 21, 2020Army working to develop COVID-19 vaccines as force preps its response
- March 20, 2020First Army officer hits the right notes
- March 18, 2020U.S. Army rolls out new medical-training mannequins
- March 12, 2020A leader who 'happens to be a woman'
- March 12, 2020DEFENDER-Europe 20 - Building Munitions Readiness to Provide Lethality that Wins
- March 11, 2020Exercise highlights military medicine across Europe
- March 10, 20201st TSC volunteer recognized for her support to First Team families
- March 4, 2020Father and son complete Norwegian Foot March together while deployed