Silver Knights Return to "The Great Place"
By Sgt. 1st Class Michael CoxNovember 26, 2018
The 1st Medical Brigade uncased their colors during a ceremony at Abrams Gym last Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving after a nine month deployment supporting CENTCOM marking the units return the Fort Hood.
"Nine months ago, I stood at this very podium in this very location as we cased these colors to deploy." Col. Anthony Nesbitt, commander of the 1st Medical Brigade said. "I told you that we would support U.S. CENTCOM in combat saving lives and taking care of Soldiers and all come back safely; guess what, we did it."1st Medical Brigade provided medical support in the CENTCOM area of operations that spanned eight countries supporting Operations Inherent Resolve, Freedom's Sentinel, Spartan Shield and Special Operations. Nearly 700 1st Medical Brigade Soldiers provided dental, blood, combat stress and various other medical support for nearly 59,000 Department of Defense personnel during their deployment."Patient care is an intensely human endeavor that requires top-notch knowledge and skill in the best of environments let alone austere and challenging circumstances," said Brig. Gen. Darren Werner, Commanding General of the 13th Expeditionary Sustainment Command. "Task Force 1st Medical provided exceptional service for nine months through superior Army Health Services Support and Force Health Protection to the United States Central Command area of operations."1st Medical Brigade saved lives by executing over 1000 surgeries in theater and evacuating thousands of casualties during the deployment. They also conducted the first ever Theater Medical Rehearsal of Concept drill as the theater enabling command."Silver Knights, we are home now, we will reintegrate, recover and reset," Nesbitt said. "You don't achieve standards, you set standards. Simply put, you are the best medical brigade in the Army and I am extremely proud of all of you."
- February 8, 2021Army announces 1st CAB deployment to Atlantic Resolve
- January 27, 2021U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Grooming Standards and AR 670-1
- January 26, 2021Revised Army regulation and grooming standards support diversity, equity and inclusion and people first priority
- December 27, 2020Army Statement on Shooting in Rockford, Illinois
- December 8, 2020Secretary of the Army announces missing Soldier policy, forms People First Task Force to implement Fort Hood Independent Review Committee (FHIRC) recommendations
- September 24, 2020Army announces upcoming 1st ABCT, 3rd Infantry Division unit rotation
- September 24, 2020Army announces upcoming 1st ABCT, 1st Cavalry Division, unit rotation
- September 8, 2020Army to host the first xTech 3 Summit, a premier technology showcase across the U.S.
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Armored Division, unit rotation
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 1st Cavalry Division Headquarters, unit rotation
- April 1, 2020U.S. Army medical research institute continues work on coronavirus
- March 24, 2020U.S. Army provides medical facilities to support COVID-19 efforts
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st Armored Division Headquarters unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd ABCT, 1st Cavalry Division, unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st BCT, 25th ID, U.S. Army Alaska unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 3rd ABCT, 1st Armored Division deployment