U.S. Army to roll out new Army Greens uniform
By U.S. ArmyNovember 11, 2018
WASHINGTON -- The United States Army announced today that it is adopting an iconic uniform -- the "Army Greens" -- as its new service uniform. This is the uniform worn by America's "Greatest Generation" in World War II.The current Army Blues Uniform will return to being a formal dress uniform, while the Army Greens will become the everyday business-wear uniform for all Soldiers. The Army Combat Uniform -- also known as the Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP) -- will remain the Army's duty/field uniform.The uniform will be cost-neutral for enlisted Soldiers, who will be able to purchase them with their annual clothing allowance. Female Soldiers will have the option to wear versions with a skirt or pants, and will also have additional shoe options.The Army Greens will be fielded to Soldiers reporting to their first units as early as the summer of 2020. The mandatory wear date for all Soldiers will be 2028.The new uniform will come at no additional cost to the American taxpayer. It will be made in the USA.Members of the media should direct questions to Lt. Col. Isaac Taylor, OCPA Media Relations Division, 703-225-8135, email@example.com.
- September 14, 2020Army Uniform Board votes on proposed changes, including female-specific uniform elements
- September 11, 2020Fort Sill drill sergeants sized up for new Army Green Service Uniform
- September 11, 2020Soldier honors his sister's memory on 9/11
- September 9, 2020Fort Leonard Wood drill sergeants being fitted for new service uniform this month
- September 4, 2020CSM overcomes COVID-19, encourages vigilance
- September 3, 2020CSM Timothy A. Guden leaves a legacy behind as he bids farewell and hangs up his uniform for good
- September 3, 2020Secretary of the Army makes a house call on Fort Bragg
- September 2, 2020First sergeant rows for suicide awareness
- August 27, 2020Communicating effectively while wearing masks
- August 26, 2020New ID cards being issued for military family members, retirees
- August 20, 2020Drill sergeants guide cadet cadre through CST
- August 12, 2020Drill sergeants to start receiving Army Greens this month
- August 7, 2020"Army Green Service Uniform"