USAABJ's Haunted Hangar attracts Camp Zama's community members
By Noriko Kudo, U.S. Army Garrison Japan Public AffairsNovember 1, 2018
CAMP ZAMA, Japan (Nov. 1, 2018) - The scream that echoed from the hangar should have scared them away, but instead, more people simply crowded into line as hundreds of people nervously waited their turn to tour the U.S. Army Aviation Battalion's Haunted Hangar the night before Halloween.Staff Sgt. Andreas Callister, event coordinator, took only a handful people at a time to the darkness behind the door where they were scared out of their wits by volunteers.The night also included trunk-or-treating and static displays of a UH-60 Blackhawk and a fire truck.Callister said the battalion hosted the event to build community spirit between units and families and friends of Camp Zama."Working together for a fun, relaxed event leads to a more shared responsibility of supporting the families and the community," said Callister. "All of the feedback we received from the event was positive and far exceeded (our) expectations."Chie Frashure, event participant, said she was very excited to bring her daughter."The event was amazing," said Frashure, "If it wasn't for the Soldiers who put this together, we definitely could not have experienced the American traditional Halloween event at this level."
- August 12, 2020Commercial waveforms provide flexibility for the Army’s Manpack radios
- August 11, 2020Braddock Bay project complete, Area of Concern moves towards delisting
- August 10, 202020 future NCOs graduate from distance-learning Basic Leader Course at Camp Zama
- August 7, 2020Camp Zama facilities named best in 7 categories in Stars and Stripes reader’s poll
- August 7, 2020USAG Japan works quickly to fix air conditioner, mitigate discomfort
- August 6, 2020Camp Zama school liaison officer wants community to be ‘in the know’
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- August 4, 2020Fort McCoy Sgt. Audie Murphy Club chapter holds first community event
- August 4, 2020Camp Zama entomologist aims to educate about insects, other creatures
- July 31, 2020Zama Middle High School counselor can help with COVID-19 stress, more
- July 24, 2020USARJ Best Warrior Competition challenges NCOs, Soldiers
- July 15, 2020USAG Japan releases housing radon testing results
- July 14, 202038th ADA Brigade Changes Command, Responsibility