The Fort Knox Fire Department is joining forces with the National Fire Protection Association during Fire Prevention Week Oct. 7-13 to remind local residents about the importance of ensuring there are at least two ways out of homes and offices.
Local firefighters' efforts to get the word out coincide with this year's theme, "LOOK. LISTEN. LEARN. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere."
To emphasize the theme, the fire department will be hosting the following activities:
* Oct. 7 - Start of fire prevention Week "LOOK. LISTEN. LEARN. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere:"
* Oct. 9 - 9:30-10:30 a.m. - HRC fire drill
* Oct. 10 - 9:30-10:30 a.m. - Fire drills at buildings 6573 and 6574
* Oct. 10 - 1-2 p.m. - Fire drills at buildings 1001, 1002 and 1003
* Oct. 10 - 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Garrison Safety display at the Wilson Road Shoppette
* Oct. 11 - 8:30 a.m. - Fire drill at Kingsolver
* Oct. 11 - 1:30 p.m. - Fire drill at Van Voorhis
* Oct. 12 - 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Main Exchange fire vehicle display, handouts and fire extinguisher training
* Oct. 13 - Supporting Boy Scouts, Hardin County Fire School and car show at the Main Exchange
Find out more about Fire Prevention Week programs and activities by contacting the Fort Knox Fire Department at (502) 624-4208, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about smoke alarms and other "LOOK. LISTEN. LEARN. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere" information, visit NFPA's websites at www.firepreventionweek.org and www.sparky.org/fpw.