8A Safety Gram Chuseok Holiday
By Eighth ArmySeptember 20, 2018
What is Chuseok?
Chuseok, also known as Korean Thanksgiving Day, is an important holiday celebrated on the ninth month of the lunar calendar this year. On the days before and after Chuseok Koreans return to their ancestral hometowns to pay respects and celebrate with family. The travel causes one of the biggest traffic jams of the year as people often take the roads to reach the areas outside of Seoul.
Safety Hazards and Concerns:
- Understand the elevated risk of traffic hazards during this time period, major intersections/highways will be extremely congested.
- Monitor the road conditions and if travelling outside of Seoul be prepared to be stopped in traffic for LONG periods of time.
- When making travel arrangements, plan ahead and conduct Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) prior to departure.
- Keep an Emergency Kit in your vehicle.
- Look for alternative methods of travel such as Public Transportation (Train, Subway or Bus).
- Minimize all tactical vehicle movement during the holiday period.
For more information contact the 8A Command Safety Office at DSN 755-1281
- July 16, 2019Combat medics save lives after chaotic traffic accident
- July 16, 2019Exchange shoppers can double savings during back-to-school 'tax holidays'
- July 10, 2019Of floods and seaweed -- Factor in safety when planning a road trip for summer vacation
- July 9, 2019USO Tour entertains troops, educates performers
- July 8, 2019W.Va. Guard Soldiers continue their response to flooding
- July 3, 2019Make sure red, white, blue isn't after you
- July 2, 20198th TSC 2019 4th of July Holiday Safety Message
- July 1, 2019Keeping safe with fireworks
- June 27, 2019Military motorcycle program promotes safe riding, protects health and death benefits
- June 25, 2019Food Network host celebrates JBLM spouses' fitness journey
- June 24, 2019Greatest generation meets latest generation
- June 19, 2019AvMC team travels to Fort Campbell to gain insight, build esprit de corps
- June 12, 2019Chaplain Reflects on the Legacy of the Rangers at DDay75
- June 10, 2019Stuck in gate traffic? Try a new route
- May 30, 2019DOD Centers share best practices on 'Securing Borders against Traveling Terrorists'
- May 28, 2019What is Family Medical Travel Screening?