US Army continues support to local and federal agencies for Hurricane Florence response
By U.S. ArmySeptember 20, 2018
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- U.S. Army Soldiers continue to help distribute supplies across the Carolinas while at the same time supporting evacuations and search-and-rescue operations across flooded areas.President Donald Trump arrived in the Carolinas to see firsthand the devastation and recovery efforts across the Southeast. FEMA and various federal agencies, including the Army National Guard, provided briefings and assessments of the damage and ongoing support to the impacted areas.
Here are a few U.S. Army mission highlights as of 5 p.m. Eastern time, Sept. 19:
- Soldiers helped deliver 22,165 bottles of water and 7,392 meals to various regions in North Carolina.
- Soldiers evacuated 386 people and rescued 42 animals in various parts of the Carolinas.
- Army units provided support to local emergency services including high-water rescues along the Little River in Spring Lake, North Carolina, and evacuations of 24 roads in Hoke County.
- The Army National Guard has more than 1,000 High-Water Vehicles, approximately 17 Army National Guard boat teams, and more than 40 fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft available to support relief efforts.
Corps of Engineers
- United States Army Corps of Engineers districts are monitoring flood risk management projects and preparing for potential flooding.
- USACE has received 31 mission assignments -- including water and wastewater assessment, temporary roofing and dam safety technical assistance.
Visual imagery and b-roll footage are available at the following DVIDS links:
https://www.dvidshub.net/video/626874/hurricane-florenceFor continued updates, please monitor the following Army social media sites:
Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/USarmy
Twitter = https://twitter.com/USArmy (@USArmy)
Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/usarmy (@USArmy)
YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/usarmy
The Army will be using the following hashtag for all social media:
- March 27, 2020Redeploying units under quarantine at North Fort Hood
- March 26, 2020Army Observes World Water Day
- March 20, 2020Mississippi River Commission high-water inspection trip and public hearings canceled
- March 12, 202025th ID crowns Best CBRN Warrior
- March 9, 2020Finance & Comptroller Sergeant Major Speaks at Fort Bragg
- March 9, 2020Joint exercise sharpens contracting skills
- March 3, 2020North Carolina Guard cyber team on election duty
- March 3, 2020New tool aims to expedite military evacuation of civilians during crisis
- March 2, 2020Cobra Gold: Partner nations practice noncombatant evacuation operations
- February 25, 2020The Corps' Field Research Facility unsurpassed for coastal observation and research
- February 18, 2020FORSCOM Commander recognizes African American veterans
- February 13, 2020Airborne test jumpers apply risk reduction tests before equipment tests begin