US Army continues support to local and federal agencies for Hurricane Florence response
By U.S. ArmySeptember 20, 2018
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- U.S. Army Soldiers continue to help distribute supplies across the Carolinas while at the same time supporting evacuations and search-and-rescue operations across flooded areas.President Donald Trump arrived in the Carolinas to see firsthand the devastation and recovery efforts across the Southeast. FEMA and various federal agencies, including the Army National Guard, provided briefings and assessments of the damage and ongoing support to the impacted areas.
Here are a few U.S. Army mission highlights as of 5 p.m. Eastern time, Sept. 19:
- Soldiers helped deliver 22,165 bottles of water and 7,392 meals to various regions in North Carolina.
- Soldiers evacuated 386 people and rescued 42 animals in various parts of the Carolinas.
- Army units provided support to local emergency services including high-water rescues along the Little River in Spring Lake, North Carolina, and evacuations of 24 roads in Hoke County.
- The Army National Guard has more than 1,000 High-Water Vehicles, approximately 17 Army National Guard boat teams, and more than 40 fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft available to support relief efforts.
Corps of Engineers
- United States Army Corps of Engineers districts are monitoring flood risk management projects and preparing for potential flooding.
- USACE has received 31 mission assignments -- including water and wastewater assessment, temporary roofing and dam safety technical assistance.
Visual imagery and b-roll footage are available at the following DVIDS links:
https://www.dvidshub.net/video/626874/hurricane-florenceFor continued updates, please monitor the following Army social media sites:
Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/USarmy
Twitter = https://twitter.com/USArmy (@USArmy)
Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/usarmy (@USArmy)
YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/usarmy
The Army will be using the following hashtag for all social media:
- September 22, 2020USACE awards contract to increase Guam Memorial Hospital patient capacity for Alternate Care Facility use
- September 18, 2020Lancer Brigade Soldiers from JBLM fight California wildfires
- September 18, 2020The U.S. Army Audit Agency is Seeking Entry-Level Auditors
- September 18, 2020The U.S. Army Audit Agency is Seeking Veterans
- September 18, 2020The U.S. Army Audit Agency is Seeking Experienced Auditors
- September 18, 2020The U.S. Army Audit Agency is Seeking Student Interns
- September 11, 2020Winning Matters: Region V Best Warrior Competition 2020
- September 10, 2020Work | Gratitude | Service: National Defense Award
- September 8, 2020North Macedonia, U.S. enhance readiness with exercise
- September 4, 2020Col. Andrea Thompson
- September 4, 2020Army North task forces on COVID-19 front lines
- September 1, 2020New regional Army Corps commander meets leaders across South Carolina
- August 21, 2020US Airman highlights the importance of protective equipment