US Army continues support to local and federal agencies for Hurricane Florence response
By U.S. ArmySeptember 20, 2018
FORT BRAGG, N.C. -- U.S. Army Soldiers continue to help distribute supplies across the Carolinas while at the same time supporting evacuations and search-and-rescue operations across flooded areas.President Donald Trump arrived in the Carolinas to see firsthand the devastation and recovery efforts across the Southeast. FEMA and various federal agencies, including the Army National Guard, provided briefings and assessments of the damage and ongoing support to the impacted areas.
Here are a few U.S. Army mission highlights as of 5 p.m. Eastern time, Sept. 19:
- Soldiers helped deliver 22,165 bottles of water and 7,392 meals to various regions in North Carolina.
- Soldiers evacuated 386 people and rescued 42 animals in various parts of the Carolinas.
- Army units provided support to local emergency services including high-water rescues along the Little River in Spring Lake, North Carolina, and evacuations of 24 roads in Hoke County.
- The Army National Guard has more than 1,000 High-Water Vehicles, approximately 17 Army National Guard boat teams, and more than 40 fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft available to support relief efforts.
Corps of Engineers
- United States Army Corps of Engineers districts are monitoring flood risk management projects and preparing for potential flooding.
- USACE has received 31 mission assignments -- including water and wastewater assessment, temporary roofing and dam safety technical assistance.
Visual imagery and b-roll footage are available at the following DVIDS links:
https://www.dvidshub.net/video/626874/hurricane-florenceFor continued updates, please monitor the following Army social media sites:
Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/USarmy
Twitter = https://twitter.com/USArmy (@USArmy)
Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/usarmy (@USArmy)
YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/usarmy
The Army will be using the following hashtag for all social media:
- June 30, 2020USASOAC welcomes new commander
- June 29, 2020Medical Logistics Management Internship Program celebrates 103rd graduating class
- June 26, 2020NC National Guard deploys cybersecurity response force
- June 23, 2020LTG Darrell Williams To Receive 2020 Gregg Sustainment Leadership Award
- June 22, 2020NCNG Serves Food, Hope to Community During COVID-19
- June 22, 2020Leadership profile: Knowing Soldiers, flexibility essential in murky waters
- June 19, 2020CSAF visits Team McChord for COVID-19 update
- June 19, 2020North Carolina Guard conducts airborne operations
- June 19, 2020Commissary brings food to community’s table
- June 17, 2020Forney Airfield project provides training, savings and safety
- June 17, 2020NY Guard aviators team with Rangers on water bucket training
- June 16, 2020Centuries of time, gallons of water help Soldiers practice Chinese martial art
- June 15, 2020North Carolina National Guard prepares for hurricanes
- June 12, 2020Great Lakes water levels still setting records