Spartans welcome new leader
By Sgt. Alex A Skripnichuk (Hood)September 25, 2018
Command Sgt. Maj. Evan Lewandowski assumed responsibility as the new brigade senior enlisted adviser.
Col. Jason J. Jones, commander of the Spartan Brigade said goodbye to Sgt. Maj. Robert Duanes, thanking him for his years of selfless service to the brigade.
"Sergeant major proved himself an invaluable asset," said Jones, who spent the brigade's recent deployment to Afghanistan with Duanes. "Providing sound guidance and leadership on a day-in day-out basis."
For Duanes the ceremony was an emotional experience and he took some time to say his farewell to the Spartan brigade.
"The completion of my tour as Brigade Combat Team sergeant major could not have been possible without the Soldiers and leaders you see in the formation today," said Duanes, commenting on his three years with the Spartans as their CSM. "I want to thank our Air Force counterparts and our local community, taking care of Soldiers and their families is what you have done and in a professional manner."
Duanes' next assignment takes him across the street from Pershing field to USARAK allowing him to stay close to the Spartans with whom he worked.
Lewandowski is no stranger to the Spartan Brigade, having finished his tour as the CSM of 1st Squadron (Airborne), 40th Cavalry Regiment.
"Sgt. Maj. Duanes, you have been a great mentor and example for me in these last years. Thank you for what you have done for the paratroopers and their families," said Lewandowski, a native of Daytona Beach, Florida. "Paratroopers of the 4/25, as the only arctic airborne brigade in the U.S. Army, you're a big deal and I'm honored to be able to call myself a Spartan."
- July 14, 2020CYBER SNAPSHOT: Staff Sgt. Yadira Jones
- June 23, 2020Task Force Spartan Maintainers Keep the Task Force Moving
- June 9, 2020Building on his vocals, SPC Wheeler show artistic passions during COVID19
- June 8, 2020Camp Zama’s class of 2020 seniors graduate virtually, equipped with resiliency to start new chapter
- June 3, 2020USASAC bids farewell to commander
- May 28, 2020Spartans train to recertify on electronic warfare capabilities
- May 27, 2020Enigmatologist master, SPC Burke puzzles through COVID
- May 13, 2020Spartan Soldiers attend 3ID virtual board from Poland
- May 8, 2020A message of hope and inspiration
- May 8, 2020Camp Zama teacher selected for CDC fellowship
- April 13, 2020Task Force Spartan works to protect Soldiers from COVID-19
- April 2, 202038th Infantry Soldiers return from Operation Spartan Shield
- March 31, 202038th Infantry Division Returns From Operation Spartan Shield
- March 31, 2020Army Logistics Is Set Up to Respond to Coronavirus Crisis, LTG Gamble Says
- March 4, 2020Ceremony marks new chapter in corrections on JBLM