Spartans welcome new leader
By Sgt. Alex A Skripnichuk (Hood)September 25, 2018
Command Sgt. Maj. Evan Lewandowski assumed responsibility as the new brigade senior enlisted adviser.
Col. Jason J. Jones, commander of the Spartan Brigade said goodbye to Sgt. Maj. Robert Duanes, thanking him for his years of selfless service to the brigade.
"Sergeant major proved himself an invaluable asset," said Jones, who spent the brigade's recent deployment to Afghanistan with Duanes. "Providing sound guidance and leadership on a day-in day-out basis."
For Duanes the ceremony was an emotional experience and he took some time to say his farewell to the Spartan brigade.
"The completion of my tour as Brigade Combat Team sergeant major could not have been possible without the Soldiers and leaders you see in the formation today," said Duanes, commenting on his three years with the Spartans as their CSM. "I want to thank our Air Force counterparts and our local community, taking care of Soldiers and their families is what you have done and in a professional manner."
Duanes' next assignment takes him across the street from Pershing field to USARAK allowing him to stay close to the Spartans with whom he worked.
Lewandowski is no stranger to the Spartan Brigade, having finished his tour as the CSM of 1st Squadron (Airborne), 40th Cavalry Regiment.
"Sgt. Maj. Duanes, you have been a great mentor and example for me in these last years. Thank you for what you have done for the paratroopers and their families," said Lewandowski, a native of Daytona Beach, Florida. "Paratroopers of the 4/25, as the only arctic airborne brigade in the U.S. Army, you're a big deal and I'm honored to be able to call myself a Spartan."
- January 20, 2021Acting Secretary of the Army initial message to the force
- January 20, 2021Army chief of staff discusses Arctic strategy, Indo-Pacific presence
- January 20, 2021Get to know the COVID-19 vaccine
- January 20, 2021JBLM Soldiers execute range operations under COVID conditions
- January 20, 2021Researchers advance detection method for explosives
- January 20, 2021Farewell message from the Secretary of the Army
- January 19, 2021Army undersecretary to leave post, reflects on career
- January 12, 2021Tuskegee Airman loses battle to COVID-19
- January 19, 2021New app simplifies housing repair requests
- January 19, 2021AMCOM develops Data and Analytics Center of Excellence
- January 19, 2021SMA praises National Guard’s work ahead of inauguration
- January 17, 2021Guard judge advocates brief Soldiers and Airmen in DC
- January 14, 2021Army project monitoring eagles wins conservation recognition
- January 17, 2021National Guard troops head to DC from as far away as Guam
- January 15, 2021Army leaders talk ethical leadership
- January 12, 2021Utah National Guard supporting long-term care facilities
- January 14, 2021Speaker recalls life and legacy of Dr. King as it relates to his own family’s experience
- January 14, 2021More National Guard troops head to DC for inaugural support
- January 14, 2021U.S. Army Micro-atomizer Contributes to COVID-19 Research
- January 13, 2021Message to the Army Community about recent events at the U.S. Capitol
- January 13, 2021Army scientists pick top 10 coolest advances of 2020
- January 13, 2021Army community partnerships honored for improving readiness, innovation
- January 13, 2021For the Pandemic and Beyond, Wearable Technology Points the Way