Spartans welcome new leader
By Sgt. Alex A Skripnichuk (Hood)September 25, 2018
Command Sgt. Maj. Evan Lewandowski assumed responsibility as the new brigade senior enlisted adviser.
Col. Jason J. Jones, commander of the Spartan Brigade said goodbye to Sgt. Maj. Robert Duanes, thanking him for his years of selfless service to the brigade.
"Sergeant major proved himself an invaluable asset," said Jones, who spent the brigade's recent deployment to Afghanistan with Duanes. "Providing sound guidance and leadership on a day-in day-out basis."
For Duanes the ceremony was an emotional experience and he took some time to say his farewell to the Spartan brigade.
"The completion of my tour as Brigade Combat Team sergeant major could not have been possible without the Soldiers and leaders you see in the formation today," said Duanes, commenting on his three years with the Spartans as their CSM. "I want to thank our Air Force counterparts and our local community, taking care of Soldiers and their families is what you have done and in a professional manner."
Duanes' next assignment takes him across the street from Pershing field to USARAK allowing him to stay close to the Spartans with whom he worked.
Lewandowski is no stranger to the Spartan Brigade, having finished his tour as the CSM of 1st Squadron (Airborne), 40th Cavalry Regiment.
"Sgt. Maj. Duanes, you have been a great mentor and example for me in these last years. Thank you for what you have done for the paratroopers and their families," said Lewandowski, a native of Daytona Beach, Florida. "Paratroopers of the 4/25, as the only arctic airborne brigade in the U.S. Army, you're a big deal and I'm honored to be able to call myself a Spartan."
- October 16, 2020Senior leaders discuss housing reform, quality of life initiatives
- October 16, 2020Medical research director: Army ‘uniquely poised’ to battle global pandemic
- October 16, 2020Human testing for Army Medicine-led coronavirus vaccines in sight
- October 18, 2020Army National Guard continues vital national security role
- October 15, 2020Army leaders: Taking care of people will help take care of the force
- October 15, 2020SMA talks ‘This is My Squad’ with company-level leaders
- October 15, 2020Esper discusses new technologies designed to give warfighters the advantage
- October 15, 2020Army 3D printed holography device rapidly detects, characterizes aerosols
- October 14, 2020Leaders credit national framework for effective COVID-19 response
- October 14, 2020‘The time is now’ to transform the Army, says CSA
- October 14, 2020Army reform plan to improve manufacturing facility safety, flexibility
- October 6, 2020US Army Reserve Soldier from Puerto Rico makes history
- October 13, 2020Army secretary announces people as top priority