COLUMBUS, Ga. -- The Maneuver Center of Excellence and the 199th Infantry Brigade are scheduled to host a Centennial Leadership Symposium at the National Infantry Museum in Columbus, Georgia, Aug. 27 through 30.
The symposium is a free event designed to give mid-level leaders within the Chattahoochee Valley community insights into leadership development and leadership topics from several prominent business, civic and military leaders.
Below is a list of dates, times, speakers and topics for this weeklong event:
- Monday Aug. 27, 9:30 a.m.: Retired Lt. Gen. Ronald Burgess Jr., current chief operational officer for Auburn University and former commander of the Defense Intelligence Agency, speaks about organizational leadership.
- Tuesday Aug. 28, 9 a.m.: Greg Frady, Georgia State University baseball coach, talks about training and preparation.
- Tuesday Aug. 28, 1 p.m.: Retired Command Sgt. Maj. Jeff Mellinger, former command sergeant major of Multi-National Force - Iraq, speaks on the importance of mentorship.
- Wednesday Aug. 29, 9 a.m.: Retired Col. James R. Harper III, former U.S. Marine Corps judge advocate general, speaks on ethical leadership.
- Wednesday Aug. 29, 1 p.m.: Scott Uzzell, president of venturing and emerging brands at Coca-Cola, speaks about corporate diversity in leadership.
- Thursday Aug. 30, 9 a.m.: Maj. Gen. Gary M. Brito, commanding general of the Maneuver Center of Excellence and Fort Benning, talks about leadership.
- Thursday Aug. 30, 10 a.m.: Mayor Teresa Tomlinson, mayor of Columbus, Georgia, talks about leading people and women's equality.
Most sessions are expected to last an hour with an additional 30 minutes for questions and answers.
The purpose of this event is to bring in a variety of leaders from around the community to speak to varied audiences on different aspects of leadership and management. Speakers will come from a variety of institutions both in and out of the military.
The event is free and open to all. Seating is on a first-come-first, served basis.
The 199th Infantry Brigade trains future leaders in programs of instruction including Officer Candidate School, Infantry and Armor Basic Officer Leader Course, Maneuver Captain's Career Course, Henry Caro Noncommissioned Officer Academy and International Military Student Office.
To learn more about this event, call 1(706)545-5499.
To learn more about the 199th Infantry Brigade, visit the "Related Links" section on this page.