By Ms. Kari Hawkins (AMC)July 3, 2018
REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala. -- One is an environmental lawyer ensuring compliance by Army Materiel Command entities. Another manages 138 foreign military sales cases in the European and African regions. Yet another planned the transportation of 4,735 short tons of munitions to the European, Central and Pacific commands.
Each has vastly different responsibilities within the Army Materiel Command enterprise, and each of the 11 recipients of the 2017 Louis Dellamonica Award for Outstanding AMC Personnel of the Year have shown leadership, dedication, commitment and perseverance in ensuring the success of their Army Materiel Command mission.
"Dedicated employees whose work accomplishments significantly contribute to AMC's mission and overarching goals and objectives allow AMC to constantly sustain and support warfighters," said Maj. Gen. Allan Elliott, AMC's deputy chief of staff.
"Our Dellamonica Award winners represent the best of AMC through their strong work initiative, dedication to mission success, and ability to motivate and inspire those around them."
The 2017 Dellamonica Award winners are featured in this special edition of the Eye on AMC.
Annually, AMC military and civilian employees below the rank of General Officer and Senior Executive Service are nominated for this award from across the organization, which spans all 50 states and more than 150 countries, and is comprised of more than 60,000 employees.
The recognition is awarded to AMC employees whose work accomplishments have significantly contributed to Army Materiel Command's mission, goals and objectives, and who have demonstrated an ability to inspire coworkers to improve the efficiency and quality of their work. The award is named in honor of Louis Dellamonica, a general engineer whose 65-year career at Hawthorne Army Depot, Nevada, exemplified integrity, innovation, leadership and outstanding dedication to Army Materiel Command's mission.
The awardees for the Louis Dellamonica Award for Outstanding AMC Personnel of the Year for 2017 are:
• John M. German - Headquarters, U.S. Army Materiel Command
• Heather L. Hamilton - Headquarters, U.S. Army Materiel Command
• Wade Pasquarella - U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command
• William L. Kaundart - U.S. Army Security Assistance Command
• Lt. Col. Toney R. Stephenson - U.S. Army Contracting Command
• Jason McDonald - U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command
• Charlie R. Gonzalez - U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command
• Walter L. Hall - U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command
• Robert G. Bernazzani - U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command
• Floyd H. Bavery - U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command
• Michael F. Pohland - U.S. Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity