The July 2018 The Corps Environment interactive edition and pdf are attached.
In every edition, we like to share examples of how USACE is living its Environmental Operating Principles. This month we focus on Environmental Operating Principle #3: Create mutually supporting economic and environmentally sustainable solutions. Featured in this edition is an EnviroPoints commentary by Maria Wegner, USACE Senior Policy Advisor, that discusses the importance - and the challenge - of considering environmental, economic and social benefits in USACE projects and activities.
Other articles include how the Army is exploring 3-D printing for battlefield use; various ways to achieve environmental success; systematic approaches to effective sediment management; junior rangers learning to serve, protect the environment; and more.
- February 10, 2019Corps pilots environmental stewardship class at J. Percy Priest Lake
- February 6, 2019Preliminary tests at USAG Bavaria reveal no environmental hazards
- February 5, 2019BEYA 2019: USACE Afghanistan District Commander earns 'Career Achievement Award' for STEM leadership
- February 4, 2019USACE begins Wimberly Pit turnover
- February 2, 2019USACE supports the security mission in Afghanistan
- February 2, 2019First-of-its-kind agreement signed by USACE and MWRD to complete vital infrastructure project
- January 31, 2019Catch up with Eisenhower Army Medical Center in the February 2019 edition of Rounds
- January 25, 2019Builders of Bulwark: USACE scientist keeps conservation, construction coexisting
- January 25, 2019USACE, Port of Virginia ramp up Norfolk Harbor deepening efforts
- January 23, 2019USACE Norfolk navigation team mows down barriers to Fort Eustis dredging
- January 22, 2019The Ask, Care, and Escort Program: Escape Room Edition
- January 17, 2019Digital environment teaches Soldiers lessons of modern battlefield
- January 17, 2019USACE Pacific Ocean Division senior executive service officer retires after 41 years of service
- January 14, 2019USACE's Abiquiu Lake hosts annual midwinter eagle watch
- January 11, 2019Corps of Engineers to assess levee project's impact on the environment